Organised?

Who here is nicely organised with their Elektron gear? As in, If you have a few boxes each track starts in the same Bank as the others and if you’re really neat, on the same pattern. My Patterns are all over the Banks meaning I have to write everything down on paper to keep track of what goes with what.

Lining everything up today once and for all!

*hand up *

organised af

there’s no other way with the OT

2 Likes

I should really choose a naming convention for my samples. Usually I just want to hurry on with the idea and now the card is full of samples with gibberish filenames.

same here :slight_smile:
It has to be fast or it is gone…
My organisation simply does not exist… It is all chaos…
No way to do anything else but home recording at that stage of making music…

1 Like

With the OT I usually name the instrument I have sampled, such as Nord - Bass, or 0Coast(whatever) but with Banks and patterns…all over the place

1 Like

I’m very well organanised.

Octatrack / Analog Rytm / Access Virus all playing nicely together;synced; defined; structured; all samples named and organised; all patches named and organised.

Suprised?

2 Likes

Me too…
To be fair I mostly jam using 2-3 patterns at most so its easier to organise ensuring A1 on the OT = A1 on the MD etc…

Saving samples though… forget it… especially as I don’t sample much and use the OT mainly for Midi duties…

1 Like

Impressed. Gold star for you!

Ye im in a 4 pattern per tracks mode at the min

I try to be organised, but realistically anything I make on my gear usually gets recorded in a series of jams over a week or two, and then either edited down, or played at a gig (or both); then it’s on to the next thing. Less so with the monomachine, but with my nord modular+octatrack setup it’s pretty spontaneous.
I’m getting into the habit of every new gig being a completely different “system”, in that I’ll create new nord patches and OT patterns/parts, or at the very least, heavily modify the previous gig’s patches etc. I very rarely revisit anything on the OT; I think it may be a remnant of working with machines that have limited memory (volcas, OP-1 etc).