Open Challenge #7 - Droning On

Made in AUM with some iOS apps

14 Likes

Yay! Just perfect timing for me!

Wanted to make drones for sometime and after hooking my bits up this morning I had some fun.

Thesys>>OB6>>Big Sky>>Clouds>>Magneto>>QPAS>>Heat>>AudioShare>>Elektronauts

14 Likes

Nice one @MarcD !
This one is going to be even more simple than the last challenge, and even more impossible to pick a favourite submission.

Exactly 1 minute. Roger that!

6 Likes

This is the hard part for me.

4 Likes

Mate Im just going to chop it.
I love drones that just suddenly cut out.

6 Likes

Can we just rename this thread ā€œcurrent dronesā€ and keep it going forever?

11 Likes

Gosh this panning made me feel sick with headphones :wink:

2 Likes

This challenge looks cool. So, no chord changes, but, can we add notes? Like, lets say I am droning two notes, can I then add a third and fourth note while still holding the original two notes?

1 Like

Has vibes of simultaneous ascending and descending Shepard tones. Brilliant.

1 Like

Some iPad thing.

7 Likes

Today, this challenge was posted. Also today, a friend gave me an out-of-tune accordion. And since I donā€™t believe in coincidences ā€¦

3 sound sources (accordion, piano, my voice)
2 sound manglers (deluge, blackbox)
1 mixer for amping and summing (SiX)

24 Likes

Good challenge. It was a beautiful evening to drone away.

Lyra 8>Valhalla Vintage Verb>You

12 Likes

Imma sample my backpack leaf blower.
The drone on that son of bitch is encroiable.

3 Likes

Not even gonna pretend I really know whatā€™s going on here because Iā€™m not synth nerd but yeah hereā€™s me twiddling the push 2 knobs with a random analog lab 5 patchā€¦

To be honest Iā€™ve never really even tried the ambient side of things and I enjoyed a quick noodle doing this so who knows, maybe thereā€™s some ambient inside me trying to get outā€¦

12 Likes

Yes, no problem, you can do all that. Just no chord / key changes in a composition sense, but adding harmonizing notes or overtones along the way is cool.

2 Likes

i might join in this timeā€¦been a while since the last one i took part in

1 Like

My submission

Created with a Digitone.

9 Likes

Glorious Strega + OB-6

16 Likes

Frap Tools Brenso and Native Instruments Mysteria in a fight to the death with a whole lot of distortion and feedbackā€¦ WHO WILL WIN???

7 Likes

Wow if you scroll very quickly down this thread while pressing play on all the wav players so that they play together all the tracks combine into one ultimate drone with crazy evolving textures! :exploding_head:

The winner: everyone

16 Likes