Open Challenge #7 - Droning On

Good challenge. It was a beautiful evening to drone away.

Lyra 8>Valhalla Vintage Verb>You

12 Likes

Imma sample my backpack leaf blower.
The drone on that son of bitch is encroiable.

3 Likes

Not even gonna pretend I really know what’s going on here because I’m not synth nerd but yeah here’s me twiddling the push 2 knobs with a random analog lab 5 patch…

To be honest I’ve never really even tried the ambient side of things and I enjoyed a quick noodle doing this so who knows, maybe there’s some ambient inside me trying to get out…

12 Likes

Yes, no problem, you can do all that. Just no chord / key changes in a composition sense, but adding harmonizing notes or overtones along the way is cool.

2 Likes

i might join in this time…been a while since the last one i took part in

1 Like

My submission

Created with a Digitone.

9 Likes

Glorious Strega + OB-6

16 Likes

Frap Tools Brenso and Native Instruments Mysteria in a fight to the death with a whole lot of distortion and feedback… WHO WILL WIN???

7 Likes

Wow if you scroll very quickly down this thread while pressing play on all the wav players so that they play together all the tracks combine into one ultimate drone with crazy evolving textures! :exploding_head:

The winner: everyone

16 Likes

MD sine waveform ring mod mods

17 Likes

Some awesome submissions here just had a listen them all, love it, shame it’s a one shot deal I feel like I could disappear down the rabbit hole doing this stuff…

5 Likes

Can I modulate an oscillator with a LFO? So a pitch change but not an arpeggio per se.

Here is one for the malfunctioning HVAC enthusiasts.

Lyra-8 with some help from Valhalla SuperMassive

8 Likes

Depends, pitch bendy wobble is fine, but a full bar of key shift isn’t. I hope that clears it up.

2 Likes

MyDrone.

17 Likes

EDITED to better meet the brief.

Just the Matriarch and me

Two oscillators in unison with one sync’d, one set a 3rd up, the last a 5th up feed the HPF/LPF in series before hitting the delay with sync and ping-pong. I used two LFOs and manually play the master clock, cut-off and mixer. The LFOs cycle the filter cut-off(s) and the two delay times.

I also did a run through with the same patch and a blatant portamento that sounded really nice.

12 Likes

Cool, you will have to pick one though, one submission per entrant, cheers.

4 Likes

Here’s mine, made with my 0-Coast, Strega and Analog Heat, with the Divkid 0chd providing a bunch of related LFOs to add movement. There’s a bit of Valhalla Supermassive added in the box.

9 Likes

Made with a Pulsar 23

14 Likes

[loud. delay feedback abuse. digitone.]

10 Likes