Open Challenge #16 - Pure Sounds and No FX – Has Ended!

Just listened a third time through. Still can’t decide for just one.

1 Like

Just about two more days for you to place your vote for the favourite piece in this challenge!

If you haven’t done already, take a listen and help to choose who’s next to host the followup.

The community has spoken. We have a winner!

First place …
@sid6581 has gained the most votes and will have the honour to come up with the next Open Challenge #17. Hopefully this will happen sometime soon!

Runner up …
@Affectionate-Bee-781 and @alechko share the second place.

Special price goes to …
All who found some time to think about, ask questions, provide some pieces or silently enjoyed the show from outside.

Very special superhot price goes to …
@waftlord for providing an excellent heated piece just a little outside the rules.

Personally I really enjoyed hosting the whole thing and got a different perspective on a few things as well. Thanks a lot for the opportunity!

And now: On to the next part! (Please let’s not wait too long)

Edit: Let’s also share some feedback if you like! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Sorry again.

1 Like

Congrats to @sid6581 and everybody!

2 Likes

Oh man I missed the vote by minutes! Even though it says it’s open for another 2 minutes here (time zone?).

In the end I was trying to decide between the @alechko and @ViolentMeals tracks.

3 Likes

Sorry about that. The date format of the poll is rather cryptic and I might have messed this up with a manual close, because in my time zone (CEST) we were already 30min overdue.
In the end your vote would not have an effect on the winner itself, but possibly on the second place…

1 Like

Oh. I also wanted to say thanks and hello to @Annihilation_Squares who made it possible for me to host the challenge on my own. :pray:

Congratulations @sid6581! well deserved, your music you made was great.
Well done to all who participated, and a shout out to @B_LD for a well run, concise, and fun challenge. Looking forward to what comes next!

6 Likes

congrats @sid6581 and everyone else!

not using fx is hard!

4 Likes

1 Like

I didn’t mean to offend you. My sincere apologies if I did. Do you want me to delete that text referring to you?

ha no.
is a burnt sausage a sign of offence in some continents?

1 Like

Not at my place. Couldn’t tell at first glance if it’s a piece of poo … which got me thinking… all good! Moving on.

2 Likes

now i’m double taking… :wink:

1 Like

Cheers!!

Didn’t expect to win this at all given the quality of the other entries. And thanks to @B_LD for your hosting skills.

I’ll start having a think this week about that theme for a new challenge. Firstly, I need to go back and review the previous ones, as there’s been a lot of interesting challenges.

I’ll try and get a new one going in the next couple of weeks.

6 Likes

You’ll find a nicely compiled list of previous challenges here:

Really looking forward to what comes next!

1 Like

Thank you, that’s super handy

2 Likes

Theres one that didnt make the list as i think it was not referred to as a Challenge. It involved making a piece of music using samples of the sounds sent back from the Mars rover. Will try and dig it up and update with the link.
hmm, maybe no winners/voting on this one… but, regardless heres the link.

2 Likes

Here’s a link to the next Open Challenge

1 Like