Open Challenge #13. The Swamp Effect VOTING CLOSED

Must be an American thing, never heard of it :stuck_out_tongue:

You powder up when youā€™re sweaty. its ā€œmedicatedā€ (mentholated) so it cools you off. its like a minty talcum powder.
Chained to the grill, or an 8 burner range, during the summer months, it keeps you from ahem chafing when the ambient temperature in the kitchen would excede 125 degrees Farenheit.

Pervert

what can i say?

So I just wondered how I would like to interpret the themeā€¦ and in search of inspiration came across this:

Wasnā€™t really aware thereā€™s a whole (niche?!) market for 10 hour audioscapes.

2 Likes

Got inspired to go semi-modular after a long time of only using samplesā€¦ also by the sound of a gator growling. Tried to recreate something that would be in a swamp.

Used the SubHarmonicon and the PWM Malevolent. Used the VCO out from SH to Sub Osc 2 on Malevonant.

And just played those filters.

Used Valhalla Plate on the Malevolent only.

ā€œAsk yourself, what if you dropped a guitar amp into the belly of a gator? What would you hear?ā€

7 Likes

Heres my rather rushed entry. Too much lousy shit happening in life and i fear i wont get around to polishing this turd before deadline.
All Digitakt.
No effects.

10 Likes

Thanks for getting involved, will give it a listen later when able.

1 Like

oh yeahā€¦ my pleasure.
Its swampy as hell.

Bump, deadline approaching, get involved

4 Likes

Alright, a last minute effort. I made a swampy patch with Sonic Couture Geosonics II.
The only effect used is a swamp convolution-reverb on the Geosonics patch.
Other stuff: Minitaur, ARII, OB6, Spitfire VSTā€™s.
Sorry for bump, file got cut-off with rendering error, correctedā€¦

7 Likes

Iā€™ve had a quick mess about with this over the weekend. Just the beginning of an idea. Digitone, Octatrack and Model Cycles with some saturation in Ableton.

4 Likes

Sounds like Oddworld: Abeā€™s Oddysee ambience :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Its the 31st of March here in the swamp, last night was blissfully cool, so that must mark the end of this challenge. Iā€™ll leave it open a few more days incase any one wants to drop their entry in. Then we can pick a favourite to set the next one. Keep em coming.

2 Likes

Another swampy one. Made with Digitakt and Peak. Swampy amount of reverb used.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for taking part in the challenge!

1 Like

Showing up a bit fashionably late here with this field recording from a while back. It took me a while to find in the archives. Here are some morning birds, along with random noises like shuffling sounds, opening a can of beer, and my old chairā€™s cries, among other things all done a while ago on a Zoom H6. I didnā€™t use this on my track, but I hope someone can find some swampy elements in there.

Started working on a song a couple of weeks ago, and not sure if I followed the rules. Donā€™t think I have the full swamp knowledge to get there all the way, but here is my goā€¦ Itā€™s a hip hoppish beat thatā€™s been slowed down to low BPMs and besides filter/comp, delay is the main FX in play :baby:

Thanks for hosting this @Microtribe! Made my brain swell trying to learn the swamps but I appreciate that :beers:

2 Likes

Ok everyone, thanks for participating, the hot sweaty season seems to have come to an abrupt and welcome end here, so itā€™s time to pick a favourite. The person with the most votes wins the glory of setting the next open challenge.

(And yes, my track is not included in the poll, because I set the challenge)

4 Likes

Good times on this one.