Open Battle #09 Summer Shake-up

Get that BPM up and you’re good. :joy:

1 Like

Started my summer holiday today, as NOT evinced by this melancholy track.

Based obviously on this beauty

Don Henley: The Boys of Summer

https://youtu.be/LeBTFjSUNMM

8 Likes

Over 20 degrees plus in Finland now! We go crazy! (What a sneaky way to bump this topic, right?) Anyone who uses bits from this song in their battle track is (almost) guaranteed to get my vote.

great job! I’ll be voting for you just for going with the VU!

1 Like

20 days to go! Still plenty of time to hop on board this challenge. Cos this time we’re not extending the deadline (who am I kidding?).

@Fin25 You got the OT? You’re in now, right? :wink:

2 Likes

I’ll do my best

1 Like

I’ll never do one of these challenges ( lazy / time / miotivation ) but if I won my new challenge would be - unheard tracks.

Make a track which you’ve never heard.
i.e program beats , melodies etc but never actually listen to it until it’s been uploaded and submitted .
The only indication that there is actual audio would be the display of a wave form or the blinking of leds on a mixer.

I see so many ‘ unheard mixes ‘ released, or ‘ unseen footage ‘ videos posted and that description is nonsense. In every case someone has looked at it or edited the video before uploading.

This challenge would at least be a little more truthful.

2 Likes

About a week till the deadline. Come join us!

2 Likes

A couple days left if my melted brain can still keep count. Four entries so far (same disclaimer).

2 Likes

Might miss this one.

Here’s mine:

Summary

https://youtu.be/GQQbjpomexo

3 Likes

Nice concept, I wish more there were more entries.
here’s my nonsense, Happy summer everyone

Summary

Inspired and sourced by these
Summertime - YouTube
Billie Holiday 1936 Summertime - YouTube
And a little bit of these
Sublime - Doin' Time (Official Video) - YouTube
Lana Del Rey - Doin' Time (Official Music Video) - YouTube
bounus non recognizable bit from this
Neon Indian Deadbeat Summer - YouTube

4 Likes

@tapesky and @1-2 thank you for your entries!

If someone else really wants to take part in this battle but needs a little extra time, that’s still possible (just let us know). If not, I’ll close this battle tomorrow and start preparing the voting part.

1 Like

Please extend to Sunday evening, I have been way too busy lately but I’d love to drop a track.

1 Like

Cool, will do! Deadline extended to Monday.

2 Likes

I failed, I did took some time to make music and sampled some Beck but couldn’t come up with something in a few hours.
Got something for other projects, though ^^

1 Like

Alright, thanks for letting us know! I’ll prepare the voting later today probably - wonder if regular users can still set up polls though? :rofl:

@Smapti - It seems your track isn’t available anymore. If you want to be part of the voting, just give me a shout and I’ll add you in the voting thread / poll.

Voting is now open here.

1 Like

Nice challenge this one.
My idea was to dig through my records and find a track with summer in the title, sample a bit of that. Then sample some Donna Summer, and mash the two together in a DnB mess.

Never got round to it though. Busy with stuff.

3 Likes