OP-1 field

Yeah. I remember my op-1 had ridiculous battery life. I’d use it for 2 hours a day for more than a week. I don’t know what magic they used in it. The battery seems small for the play time it had. Compare that to pretty much anything else I own(ed) and it’s sad.

If the field is a similar experience I’ll be happy.

2 Likes

French keyboard pruned my words.

1 Like

Can you set the polyphony to Mono in the drum Sampler?

1 Like

If they would have put the op-z synths in this I would have considered it. I had og 3 different times and I always hated the synths sounds.

1 Like

Funny, for me it’s the other way. I much prefer the OP-1’s synth sounds…and the fact they have 4 parameters.

off topic

is flip sampler any good? Not really looked into it heard it mentioned once or twice on random huang videos

Flash sale? Where can I find more info on that?

Sorry outside euro zone so totally diff pricing for me.

1 Like
off topic answer

I have it. It’s more like Koala than anything else. It’s like a single instance of a Drum Rack in Ableton with an Ableton inspired interface. It’s cool but not really comparable to the OP-1.

I don’t know, import tax maybe? I’m hoping against all odds that thomann will have it cheaper.

Hey @MichaalHell,
First, thanks for answering questions about the OP-1 Field! Second, is it possible to pan synths/drums before recording to tape, allowing you to building up the stereo field for each tape channel?

1 Like

I did ask him about drum synths before but he can answer about the synth engines. In the Drum Sampler you can pan each slice individually.

2 Likes

That’s great to hear!

That‘s a very good question.

Good interview

2 Likes

Some synth presets showcased. That’s a massive upgrade in sound quality. Compared the cluster and digital presets from the video with my OP-1 and it’s night and day :exploding_head:

2 Likes

I’m fairly certain that you can’t

Correction, you can pan the slices

Yeah. The dimension engine looks really interesting.

No, but you can set a slice to be choked

2 Likes

You could record drums into a track and pan the track. Then record the panned track as a sample and re-record to the tape.

1 Like