OP-1 field

I am so glad you said this cause i feel like the point is often missed.

I haven’t had the same issues but it’s an ongoing recurring problem with almost everything they make (people are already having quality issues with TX-6!)

High prices could be justified if they guaranteed premium quality equipment that might last a lifetime. They are choosing to make things harder for themselves and for fans

4 Likes

The synth sampler has loop fade and the drum sampler has an attack setting for each slice… so there’s a clear improvement there…

I’ve made some really cool synth samples using vocals and zoom stereo mics… I want to try sampling a group of people singing a note with a zoom recorder that would be really cool imo

Agree, but I really like the OP-Z encoders. I much prefer them over regular knobs. I never had the pop-out problem though.

3 Likes

The EP I posted in this post I fully made on the vintage tape, so all the saturation and compression (especially on the more bass tones) are a product of the vintage tape…

So take a listen if you feel like you need some more audio examples of it.

Sadly there isn’t any deeper settings for the different tape tracks.

2 Likes

It’s honestly my favorite part of the OP-Z I wish they would have added that to the Field… but maybe they were afraid of popping encoders

Apart of comparing SW to HW, which will usually give a bias to SW in flexibility, this was one of the single music apps that crashed on me a multiples times at multiple occasions so that I am reluctant to use it again. It was kind of disappointing. On the other hand the OP-1 OG…never had a single time an issue.

I believe the popping happened because they put the encoders in upside down. I guess that was a relatively easy fix once they realized.

1 Like

Actually I was sitting in the shade…

Are you located in Germany and ordered at 2335€ at gear4music? I was wondering how the final price through thomann was going to be, but they haven’t listed it yet. They offer the og op-1 at the same price as gear4music though, so I’m guessing thomann will list the op-1 field for 2335€, too. Damn, that is really stretching it for me, I think I’ll have to sleep on the decision to order it a few more nights.

@MichaalHell another question: What’s the built-in mic like? Much improved over the OG?

I havent a/b it… but i havent noticed it really for better or worse… I have recorded some vocal takes into it and it’s been fine!

2 Likes

Why is there extra +300eur markup compared to TE store??:flushed:

To let anyone feel how TE is cheap with their 2k.

Dont forget the TE flash sale in 3 days time. Its only open for 1 hour.

2 Likes

2374€. I expected resellers getting stock much later but at a lesser price….

24hr battery life is good though. That cant be knocked.

Didn’t they originally claim 24 hours battery life with the OP-Z then have to change that down the road? Hopefully they’ve nailed that this time around

1 Like

Yes my OP-1 never lasted as long as it should and the battery life meter was never accurate. I hope theyve improved that.

Mine could stay on for 6 hours, I think I even made it 8 hours once (4h train back and forth). Never seen my OP-1 shut down because it had no more juice.

Try prune juice next time.

5 Likes