OP-1 field

cocaine is one hell of a drug

4 Likes

The road to hell is a trail of pixie dust.

1 Like

Back to the design- that new on/off switch is an odd choice, looks like it could snap off an is up on? (risk of knocking it down and switching of mid performance?)

What was wrong with the old ā€˜flushā€™ slide on off switch? Not all changes are good!

1 Like

I think the design making it thinner had something to do with this.

1 Like

I 100 percent agree

1 Like

Im not very included in the actual technical dealings of the device.

But I know TE has stated that the OG is full to the brim with featuresā€¦

The funny thing is that they use the same processor on the OP-1F as in the OP-Z and I think that attests a lot to how powerful tge OP-Z actually is.

But to your original question YES it is very much an upgrade due to the OG being filledā€¦

I think also the component side is (them making alot of the components themselves) is an effect of the Screen change on the OG OP-1 and not wanting to be dictated by suppliers of how long their product should be ā€œaliveā€

4 Likes

they re:engineered it from scratch
probably didnā€™t need to make it thinner, but they did

There is a setting with a notification that you turned it off if for some reason you do push it. It delays turning the op-1f off. But you have to really intentionally push it from demos Iā€™ve seen.

is it really the same processor? wild
EDIT re read your post, i donā€™ think it can be with hi Def new Screen

1 Like

Polyend tracker is the answerā€¦ I tried sending audio from Field to the tracker when I still had the tracker and it worked without any hiccupsā€¦

It works with the OP-1 OG but you need some sort of antenna for that to work properly (a dummy cable or their accessory)

1 Like

Iā€™m looking forward to hearing the new reverb properly.

1 Like

I was actually thinking the TX-6 effects share alot in common with the OPZ ie same processor.

similar depth also, but more IO

Just sold the Tracker. So whats the difference between a bluetooth transmission to an FM one for receiving data? Dont they do the same thing.

It really isnā€™t irrelevantā€¦ it all comes down to how big the yearly volume isā€¦ you have X cost a certain amount, you gain back the cost of X by adding it onto the product price.
How much procentage of X on each sold part you put on is dictated by volume of the serial production and how fast you want to break even.

So if you sell a cpl of hundred and have forecasted for that, then a bigger percentage of X will be put on each sold unitā€¦

1 Like

Not sureā€¦ but Bluetooth is midi data and FM is audio

1 Like

So the sound would be different?

Or wait maybe I got it wrong, maybe it was the same DSPā€¦ whateverā€¦ a crucial part is the same on the OP-Z and OP-1 Field :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Thereā€™s no sound involved with Bluetooth on the OP-1 only midi data

1 Like

Ah cheers