OP-1 field

All joking aside, it is right that they can charge what they want to for it, I could buy one if I wanted to and if I saw the value in it. But I don’t personally.

Similarly I would not pay £1300 for a og OP1, simply not worth it, I have 2 of them and I paid less than that for both of them. £800 is what I’d value them.

For me TE gear is over priced (POs aside) due to the numerous hardware issues I have had with the many products of theirs that I own, coupled with their very bad customer service. Out of all the gear I have TE stuff is by far the least reliable, this is a simple fact based on my own experience.

Regarding the OP1f I actually prefer the look of the original, the specs are of course much improved, and had it been £1300 I still would not be interested, based on the current capabilities of it. At the end of the day it is still a OP1, just with stereo tracks, a new effect and a new synth engine, better sound quality, and a little more capacity in sampler and tape(s).

But if you are stoked about the OP1f then I am stoked for you, there is no denying the appeal especially for people who have used one, that is for sure, and if you think it is worth the money - which is a personal thing anyway, cool.

8 Likes

I don’t want one.

5 Likes

Your pants, they are on fire :laughing:

2 Likes

Bullshit🤣

He wants 3.

2 Likes

And the £300 bag X3.

1 Like

Honestly, I’ve never seen what all the fuss is about.

It’s a mini synth/sampler for people who like to make the plinky plonky noises.

Cool if you like that, but absolutely not for me thanks, not at any price.

7 Likes

Its like the antithesis of your Polivoks🤣

1 Like

OPZ Field lets go!

1 Like

I wonder if TE guys read any forums? They seem to be get slated in ever forum I have seen by the vast majority of people…so weird, most people are just taking the mickey of the 100 new features list and of course the cost…but some people actually seem angry (maybe at being priced out after being told a new unit was being made to stop second hand price gauging)

1 Like

“I’m Fin25 and its good to have you back.

Today I’m going to be sampling my Polivoks into my 3 OP1f in the woods, I’m using a bio-diesel generator to power the Polivoks as sadly it does not run from batteries - with that said, lets get started.”

There is your youtube intro sorted, up to you to add them to your cart, and come up with a cool thumbnail, and some nice jumpers.

You’d be the most profitable youtuber on this forum, that is for sure.

10 Likes

I can just sell you mine wrapped in bacon for twice the cost of the current model if you like :slight_smile:

1 Like

Forum Member: “I could get 3 Syntakts and a Waffle Toaster for that!!!”

Tobias: image

2 Likes

This thread has just gotten silly.

1 Like

…says RealTinyPenguin :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Not an actual penguin :wink:

2 Likes

1 Like

It is a bit. but honestly think it has been a good discussion about objectively outrageous prices versus the subjective value.

all healthy in my view! It’s Good To Talk as Bob Hoskins used to say

2 Likes

The best thing about it by far is the tape, and to a lesser extent the drum sampler, the synth engines are ok but not great, the fx are just ok.

The tape can be used to place sounds exactly where you want them, has a number of tactile and hands on ways to manipulate playback and recording, for example it is one of the few devices capable to do Radiophonic type tape work. Very few people use it like this though, mores the pity.

But, yeah most people just use it for plinky plonky, lo-fi hip hop, EDM or other genres which could be done (arguably better) on other gear to be honest. It definitely has a big hype following I guess because it is perceived as “cool” or whatever. But it does have a certain workflow that some people like too, RMR and Yuri Wong being good examples.

2 Likes

But most people use the Elektron devices for plinky plonky stuff as well. Plinky plonky is the new Rock’n’Roll. :slight_smile:

4 Likes