OP-1 field

Thank you for the support!

Thank you so much :pray:

Iā€™m thinking of getting an OP-1F but itā€™s not easy when i know that I could buy a Moog Matriarch, Erica Synths Syntrx 2 or Erica Synths Perkons for the money! I mean thatā€™s the only reason I havenā€™t bought it yet reallyā€¦ itā€™s bothering me

1 Like

It costs 2055 euros on Thomann (and I always buy on Thomann bc they are the best imo) but ive found it new on Reverb for 1729 euros but they donā€™t accept returns :confused: and godknows how reliable are they for repairs and such. Any thoughts?

There are two other places on Reverb (not Nederland but EU) with 14 day return policy, with similar price.

I wouldnā€™t buy such an expensive item from a place with no return policyā€¦

1 Like

Sorry but where? I also see two new with similar prices but sending from the UK.
(EDIT: actually i see only one new; the other is a used one)
Im in the EU and buying for the UK is not an option bc of taxes.

Both of these are 1969 EUR; the one from France without return policy is 1729 EUR

Id rather buy it on Thomann for 2055 than on Reverb for 1969

1729 euros is very attractive but no return policyā€¦

The Black Friday is far away :laughing:

Oh sorryā€¦ thatā€™s strange, it shows Ā£1433 and Ā£1492 for me which is less than ā‚¬1700, and very similar to the price you shared.

Itā€™s sometimes hard to understand cross-border cross-currency pricingā€¦

1 Like

Yes, itā€™s probably bc of taxes/vat

1 Like

Thomann is a better bet anyway for peace of mind. If you can, wait until they have it at a better priceā€¦ :woozy_face:

1 Like

Just leveraged a bit of cash and went for the Field, TX 6 and a Tula mic (all from Thomman).

Iā€™ve been using the OG for the last 8 years but increasingly so in recent times. A few bits have conked out (one of the keys and the internal mic) which I could have fixed but figure itā€™s time for an upgrade.

With an upcoming long stay in the states I want to keep playing and recording + a few pedals so the TX makes good sense.

My Zoom H1 currently serves as my external mic for capturing real life stuff but is a bit fiddly and the Tula looks a perfect fit for such purposes.

So, definitely a travel/holiday kit but Iā€™m wondering if my SSL Six is in danger (and my Spire Studio Recorder) after I spend a few months with the little TXā€¦.weā€™ll see.

Itā€™ll be a great chance to get to know them all well without other kit coming into the mix.

For the record, my planned mini-setup will be:
OP 1 Field
Mood Mk2
Gen Loss Mk2
Soma Cosmos
TX 6
Tula Mic

And maybe a cheeky Wingie 2 if I decide to get one.

1 Like

Nice setup! Wasnā€™t tempted to go for the new TE Mic?

I liked what I saw and heard of the Tula so didnā€™t really give the TE mic much thought.

Edit: Having looked it up, I see the Tula is easier on the wallet too :wink:
Two high end purchases are quite enough.

Incidentally, the Field, TX and Tula cost roughly the same amount of money as I paid for the upcoming round trip to the states for all of my family.
How about that!

Very true - also no reviews of the TE one yet!!

Make sure you try out the OP-1 Fieldā€™s built-in mic. Itā€™s surprisingly excellent.

2 Likes

yeah, this is the internal mic for the acoustic and the feedback. It really is surprisingly good.

and hereā€™s another one where the electric guitar is through the internal mic

5 Likes

What kind of power adapter do you use for op-1 field? 5v? How many amps does it take?

USB-C charging so no idea on the specs

Itā€™s probably written somewhere at the bottom side of the unit.
Funny how I canā€™t find the info nowhere on the official website nor in the manual :confused:

All it says on the unit is USB

1 Like