"Oops! Something went wrong, boot again" error message

no. only midi out

I thought that 404 out was in ST inā€¦
So it is not an incoming midi data problem.

Side note : Do you use THRU as DIN SYNC ?

oh I see. I said ā€œmidi in track oneā€ sorry for the confusion. yes I am

1 Like

I also experienced the same error message when booting. The problem started right after I received the Syntakt, but it seemed to be solved by waiting a couple minutes before starting the device again. But suddenly, waiting isnā€™t solving anything anymore.

I received the machine with the 1.20 OS version, so I managed to turn on the machine (after several attempts, always waiting more than 2 minutes between each ones) and I was miraculously able to upgrade to 1.20A. After the upload was complete, the ST rebooted itself, and the same error message appeared on the screen. And now, itā€™s totally impossible to turn it on, no matter how long I wait!

I am working in an AC room at 24Ā°C, it shouldnā€™t be an issue. I contacted the support from the beginning, but I think we are running out of options. It just feels quite not right for a 1000 USD machineā€¦

2 Likes

Just got a new Syntakt and the "something went wrong - boot again ā€¦ " issue appeared a few times. No midi or usb connected. Right out of the box. Is there a long-term (software) solution or should i send it back? Runs on 1.10
thank you su much

Iā€™ve seen that, no issues since, but it depends on context ā€¦ are you e.g. rebooting quickly or is the way you power on fairly regular ! wonā€™t do any harm to pre-run the boot mode test menu to see if there are any issues detected there ahead of a question to support

You need to install 1.20A first though and see how that fares

1 Like

I donā€™t want to install an update yet because of the warranty. The error probably occurs when the device has not been switched on for a whileā€¦ about 10 hours or so. then i switch it off and on again and everything works as it should.

The question is: is it really a software bug that will be fixed in the long run with an update or should I replace the hardware?

It would be VERY surprising that installing update void the warranty. Written somewhere ?

Iā€™d also recommend to install last update. I didnā€™t have this message after installing last one.

Install the last update and check.

1 Like

updated to the latest OS. still got that ā€œoopsā€ message.

1 Like

Oops. Just after power on, no midi, no usb ?
Iā€™d send it back unless Elektron support tell you something elseā€¦

no midi and no usb. it doesnā€™t happen every time but every now and then.
a little disappointing ā€¦

1 Like

Updating device OS to latest official release will not invalidate any warranty, thankfully.

With beta or alpha releases a vendor may not guarantee a fully stable operation but you can always return to the latest known good build.

Iā€™d at least alert Elektron that yours is experiencing it even if itā€™s difficult to collect proper repro steps.

Knowing how much itā€™s happening in the wild is still helpful to getting a fix pushed.

2 Likes

I could reproduce it with previous OS. FX track button related.

2 Likes

news: got a new syntakt and this one has the same issue
no midi no usb - 1.20A ā€¦ ā€œsomething went wrong ā€¦ā€

It came with 1.20A already installed or you upgrade and then the problem happened?

it came with 1.20 and had the same problem.

support told me: ā€œwe are working on fixing the issue ā€¦ā€
so we will see with the next OS update.

1 Like

If itā€™s a software issue, os update might fix it. Otherwise, weā€™re all good to send the machine back to its workshopā€¦

I tried to update and got a error msg now I canā€™t get back into my Syntakt even tried to factory reset wonā€™t let me