Only 2 out of 4 tracks are sending audio

Hi

Long time Elektron boxes user, but less experience with Overbridge ( v2 ).

Only 2 out of 4 tracks are coming in as audio. Tracks 1 and 3. I can hear all tracks when using the Analog Four standalone app, but not when using Overbridge as plugin in Ableton. Tried new kits, reloading kits, checked levels, …

Anyone with similar experiences that can share some tips?

I spent a good part of the day reading through several related topics on this forum, used the templates one of the users provided, triple checked, YT vids, … but I am at a loss.

• Analog Four MKII ( up to date )
  • Apple MBP M1 Pro ( latest OS )
  • Ableton 11 ( up to date )

A4 connected through official Elektron USB cable using this USB 3.0 hub.

Hi, can you see what channels are activated in the Overbridge control center app?

Sure. I wouldn’t even know how to disable tracks in OB control center tbh :slight_smile:

When I play using the A4 keyboard I can see audio coming in on tracks 2 and 4. But no audio comes in when using midi from Ableton. As a test I copied track 1 to track 2, 3, and 4 using the A4 hardware. By my reasoning this should filter out issues with the sound / filters / … on each track.

Right now it feels like the incoming MIDI on tracks 2 and 4 are never translated into audio on the A4. Did I mess up a midi channel somewhere?

Under A4 > midi > channels I can see that
Track 1 is mapped to Channel 1
Track 2 is mapped to Channel 2
Track 3 is mapped to Channel 3
Track 4 is mapped to Channel 4

PROG CH IN CH is mapped to AUTO, as is the OUT CH counterpart.

Some help from a senior OB users would be much appreciated :pray: I need a nudge in the right direction. I can’t figure this out on my own.

:cat_with_begging_eyes:

I got in contact with support who asked me to use the template from the Overbridge FAQ forum page, use a new project, and to make sure I was on the latest A4 OS and Overbridge Engine.
Since I already tried every tip they gave me, I had little hope, and indeed it did not work for me.

But, because I was tinkering with a fresh mind I finally got it working :partying_face:

What worked for me in the end was:

• 1 track with the A4 vst
  • 4 groups of tracks, which contain 3 tracks each:
    • 1 group = 1 A4 track
    • 1 midi track + VST: cthulhu is used as arp and chords generator
    • 1 midi track: receives the cthulhu midi information,
      and sends it to its corresponding A4 VST midi channel
    • 1 audio track: receives the audio from the A4

The flow of OB with A4 does not seem intuitive or satisfying for me for now. You need so many Ableton MIDI and Audio tracks, settings, that it becomes overwhelming. Where is the playfulness in all of this? I hope that a future iteration of the A4 vst experience improves upon the UX. I do like the overall look and feel of the A4 Gui.

The VST seems stable to me, does it’s job, and shows the big effort Elektron has put into it.
But the onboarding process was quit painful :slight_smile: But I understand how it works now.