One Shot Trigs - Pattern Change

Hi,

I´m currently using my OT loaded with loops on all tracks triggerd by one shot trigs. The problem I occur is that if I change the pattern to the next one with different samples assigned, the one shot triggers do not directly start playing. I found out with pressing {Enter/Yes} out of grid mode they could all be armed. But they will not start in time if i arm them. How do I seamlessly change patterns with different one shot trigs assigned?

Thanks!

I’m searching, I tried with part change, it doesn’t work.
With a one shot on another track, it works. But you need to have no one shots before on that track.
You can arm again with stop stop.

1 Like

Thanks for trying. I only have one shots no normal triggers. As my Workflow is Recording Loops from my Synth with Pickups machines an Placing These loose Loops of Different length on one shots. I have Variations of These Loops which i Want to spread over different patterns to Build a Song. Would be Great if it Could work

2 Likes

What about holding the arming function as the pattern changes from one to the other?

1 Like

This works and the new Samples are Armed Ehen the Next Pattern Starts. But the Problem is the dont Start in sequence… there is a Lack of playback its not seamless and not usable

The new sample starts after the trig you’ve set?

I work with one-shots like this and I’m not sure I have this issue…

1 Like

If i hold entre/yes and press to change to the new pattern simultanously the new one shots are armed when the pattern changes. But they Start Not in sequence or at the beginning. It is Not usable this way as they Start at a wrong Point and it Sounds Bad

Two things:

1.) Try executing a pattern change and THEN holding arm (while the OT is getting ready to change)

2.) Are there any FX/parameters settings that are giving the impression it’s starting off?

1 Like

I will try that and Report whats Happening . Effects are only reverb and a bit of filter

It should work holding arm.
What about playing one shots on different tracks ?
How many bars are your loops ?

There are maybe other solutions, like scale 1/8, arranger, an lfo on slice to play a long loop…

2 Likes

Could this be caused by having all your loops loaded into a static machine instead of a flex?

Have you tried using octachain to chain the loops you want and then plocking slice instead of sample?

2 Likes

@fmshred uses Pickups, not sure if he wants to make slices in Octachainer. :wink:

In the manual they say slices with Static may cause problems. You think you can have a lag even with normal start ?

1 Like

Thanks for the Inputs!

I tried some stuff out. My Samples were Not perfectly trimmend this Fixed a Part of the Problem.

But the Problem i still Cant solve: If i change the pattern and arm the new one shots they are directly armed. They dont Start in Time with the pattern/ in bar. The Start Right away the Moment i press arm. I Want them to Start in Time with the sequence

Where are these one shots located on the sequencer?
The arming of one shots follows the play head of the sequencer, so if you have some 1/2 way through your pattern and you start arming 1/3 of the way into your pattern, the ones 1/2 way will be triggered as it does not wait to cycle around…
If you are in a pattern with no one shots (or make sure the play head is past all one shots in the pattern) and press yes or function+yes outside of grid recording mode to arm all one shots, and then sequential change into a pattern with all your one shots on the first step of the tracks, should work…
Unless there more details we are missing…

2 Likes

Yes i think the one shots should Normalkunden be armed wegen the Sequencer Reiches the step where the one Shot ist Located. I habe them all on the 1 step. I also tried a 64 pattern with only a one shot on the 1 step. But they always get triggers right Ehen enger/yes is pressed

1 Like

Is your smartphone set to German autocorrection ? :grin:

1 Like

Damn yes it is. Is it possible to change it for posting on an iOS device :smile:

1 Like

Choose Swedish. :innocent:

1 Like

Oh so even if the sequencer isn’t near the trigger, if you arm it, it starts playing?

Isn’t there a setting for that? Ive been away from my OT for too long…Check page 32 of the manual…

1 Like

So i contacted elektron and they told me to try putting my samples into the sequencer and adjust the scale settings. I tried around with the scale settings and the manual but didnt unserstand it.

How do i set up a Track to sequence my loosely recorded pickup loop which is longer than 64 steps and fit it perfectly into the sequencer?

I there a tutorial on how to sequence longer loops of different length with the scale settings?