One power adapter for two elektrons

Hi,

has anyone a good solution to power a digitakt and a digitone with one poweradapter?

Like daisy chain both elektrons with one adapter.

Thanks for any info or hints.

Best,
sebastian

12 Likes

:joy: :rofl:Hehe, I thought about something more fancy with only one power adapter. But of course this would work.

Thanks

1 Like

grafik

OK if:

• All units the same voltage.
  • The PS has enough current to drive all units
  • The inrush of current when one (or multiple units) are turned on is not enough to affect the voltage enough to cause units already on to glitch.
  • Unlikely but to be complete, that the wire can handle the current and not melt down.

The wiring of this is with the loads all wired in parallel to the PS. This assumes fairly constant current draws by units, and no noise feedback. Theoretically this could work, practically you’re better off with two PSs.

2 Likes

Thanks Jukka for this thorough explanation, I am going the easy way like AdamJay proposed …

1 Like

Looking for same solution but for 3 elektron’s. Might order this from Amazon:

1 Like

Sadly no information about the lenght of the daisychain cable. Looks like their to short but difficult to tell from a picture.

thats exactly what I was after, but had no matches. Thanks.

Your welcome. There’s more to find. A 1 to 2 splitter is somewhat neater the 8 flying unused barrels.

Does anyone use these:

Lots of people do. Type “rip chord” or “ripchord” into the Elektronauts search bar. :thup:

1 Like

You can use One original PSU adapter (12V/2A) for both Digitakt and Digitone (1A each max) with a daisy chain cable.
I got one that I use with my boss pedals, length and external diameter of the tips are good but the internal diameter is too small and can’t be plugged on the elektron…
I think the one you propose is quite the same? did you try?

I use adapters coming off the daisy chain going from the 5.5x2.1 pedal size and stepping them up to the desired 5.5x2.5, like this:

The right angled adapters are pretty deep compared to the normal elektron PSU barrel ends so you have to be careful, it works fine but it’s not seated very securely when you consider the optimal positioning would have the plastic base flush against the outside of the dc jack housing.

1 Like

I’m surprised that Elektron hasn’t teamed up with one of the pedalboard power supply builders (Voodoo Labs, Truetone, Eventide, CIOKS) yet. They are missing out on a new revenue stream.