One piece of gear one tune challenge

Anyone up for creating tunes using just one piece of gear? I plan to do this starting just with my Virus TI2 and then Rytm MK2.

2 Likes

thatā€™s 2 pieces of gear!!!

10 Likes

I ran your calculations through the UNIVAC and you are correct, that is indeed two pieces of gear.

12 Likes

Just got a Digitakt seven days ago and made a tune on it. My first Digitakt jamā€¦

4 Likes

Softpop2 is amazing for this. I may join.

Is there a deadline?

3 Likes

sorry I meant to use only my Virus by itself or my Rytm by itself.

2 Likes

awesome I will work on my tune today with just my Virus TI2 to create and record something! It is raining all day here in northern California so good way to spend the day.

1 Like

Loving my DT2, factory samples can go wild!
Feels a bit like cheating though, as you can sample anything :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Just jammed this out on my new Verselab MV-1 after a nice smoke ā€” that vocal track & processor on the MV-1 is SO much fun :cold_face::scream::joy:šŸ«”

to all German speakers ā€” the ā€žlyricsā€œ were meant as a joke for somebody, ie donā€˜t worry about it :joy:

i almost always exclusively do this :smiley: itā€™s usually either Digitakt (now DTII) or Dirtywave M8. Using more than 1 device demands some setup every time (I donā€™t have enough space to keep everything on the desk permanently) and that feels like ā€œan appointment, so I naturally evolved into limiting myself to 1 device almost all the time.

2 Likes

some ambient stuff on virus ti2 today just testing recording to ableton live and messing with filters and effects. only virus nothing else!

3 Likes

I also used to do this but Iā€™ve not done one for a while (the temptation to use more than one piece of gear became too great :rofl:)

Hereā€™s a couple I did a while ago. All done on the Jupiter 4

And one done on the UltraNova

4 Likes

Really love the Virus what it can do quickly amazes me!

I donā€™t really do cover versions but I made this on the Peak

2 Likes

how lovely what synth did you use to record this track? I really found my one piece desert island synth at last in my virus ti2

1 Like

Itā€™s all done on the Novation Peak. I was messing around with it not long after I got it and thought ā€œthat sound a bit like the intro to Elegiaā€ and it sort of went from there :rofl:

1 Like

nice! I am really digging the cool ambient electronica that I whipped out in minutes today on my Virus TI2 with zero real effort that can do soundtrack work easily.

I lusted after a Virus back when I couldnā€™t afford one but itā€™s something Iā€™ll get around to acquiring one day

1 Like

no regrets buying mine a year or so ago so powerful and immediate and easy to build stuff. some fun ambience must be the rainy cold weather made me want to make weird ambient electronic today

1 Like

Digitone

Rytm

5 Likes