Onboard keyboard root note

Hi all, I’m wondering about this. I have a sound on track one, but it’s in the key of F and the default seems to be C on the keyboard. Can you change the root note of the keyboard, so I can say have F at the low and high octave on the keyboard? Hopefully I’m explaining this correctly. I want to be able to play along and record a sequence in the A4, which is in the same Key as my Nord going into the OT. Besides adjusting the pitch of the OSC on the A4, I don’t seem to know a way to do this.

Thanks

So… nobody knows what I’m referring to?

Seems like the only option is to enter a pattern in live recording mode that is off key with everything else that is playing, then transpose it.

You can set the scale and or root note in one of the menus above the keyboard.
then it will show as the root note on the keyboard

Are you referring to the note menu? That seems to only affect trigs entered. I’m talking about the root note of the keyboard. I already tried that and it only is for trigs entered. Not the root note of the keyboard it seems. I’ll check it out again. Thanks

Not the trig menu… The menu where you can select a scale and root note,
think it’s function + setup…

Yeah I tried that too, didn’t seem to work. But I’m not at the unit right now. But it seems to only affect trigs, not the keyboard. I’ll try it again.

Yeah function + note / setup on the MKII.
T1 Key note. Change it from C to whatever, has no effect on the keyboard.

Not sure exactly what you are trying to do. but that is how you set the root note on the keyboard, you will see the light move on the keyboard to show the new root note.

Simply trying to make the first note of the keyboard an F instead of a C

You can’t do that C will always be C on the keyboard, but you can set a root note and scale for transposing your sequence and you could shift the sequence around and it will always be in F and won’t play wrong notes check out the manual about transpose…

1 Like

The problem is that the midi keyboard is not transposed. Only recorded notes.

It should be possible with Multi Map, External midi entries.

Just tune your oscillator(s) up a fifth or down a fourth.
Now “C” will sound like an F

2 Likes

Yeah that’s what I thought / would do for internal sounds, but

Btw if it’s for internal recording I’m not sure you can record Multi Map Ext midi.

Also I guess you mean up 5 semitones as a fifth up (7 semitones) would be G
Or 4 semitones down

Yeah, I already figured the answer was going to be no and the OSC tuning was the only way to do this. So basically if I have an external synth in the mix, in a different key. I’m out of luck with the onboard keyboard of the A4 as far as recording on the fly along with another mix in a different key besided C. LAME. There’s no way to adjust the root note of the on board keyboard. Not a deal breaker, but a big oversight if you ask me.

1 Like

I guess you mean 7 semitones down (for an F) :content:

1 Like

Well I was just using F as an example.

I only worked it out going up tbh was going off what @Lieder said for the other
1 out of 2 ain’t bad. :smile:

So it’s a 4th up 5 semitones and a fifth down 7 semitones
so he was right just was wrong way around

2 Likes

Ah, sorry didn’t see that mentioned already

1 Like

Sorry, missed that earlier