OLED Color on the Dark Trio gives me anxiety

bomb squad has entered the chat

2 Likes

5 Likes

I know this really crazy bloke who works as an undersea diver, has had MRSA and done some of the craziest stunts you would believeā€¦ I think some people on this forum now regards me the way I regard him. OK, Iā€™m a nutter, :crazy_face:

Reminds me of when I had the Monomachine, having the Machinedrum UW with its red screen and Monomachine with its blue screen would always make my eyes feel weird after working for a long time on a red screen then immediately jumping to blue and spending a lot of time there then going back to the redā€¦etc etc

I never disliked it I to l they look beautiful together and definitely regret selling my MnM itā€™s weird but not really a big deal to me.

I used this on an Apple ][e when I was six. Wow, memories.

1 Like

They had one at the makerspace I used to be a member of, which I got a load of use out of (put 100 colour change LEDs in something and discovered the current drain was too much and had to desolder them all)

itā€™s still painstaking and annoying even with a vacuum tbhā€¦
I think technique is a bigger thing than tools, as I definitely got better with practice, and the braid seemed totally useless the first few times I used it.

1000 Kudos for getting 20 pins out without a sucker and without stripping a pad tho!

Just to clarify, I didnā€™t remove the pins, I pulled the header off the pins on the board.

This person knows their solder suckers!

(From my last repair challenge)

ah, ok, less risky! still difficult though.