OLED Color on the Dark Trio gives me anxiety

They look so nice side by side. But the shift in color on the OLED makes my eyes bleed.

3 Likes

url

6 Likes

You’re not alone

So…will the Digitakt MK2 have a white screen?! - Elektron Gear / Digitakt - Elektronauts

Isn’t ‘Dark Trio’ used to refer to the AR/A4/OT ?

That sir is the Digi Trinity

4 Likes

Err and what about the Heat MKII?

DIGIQUAD

1 Like

Dark Trinity refers to AR/A4/OT MKIs.
I don’t know about Dark MKIIs name…

2 Likes

Ahh that’s true. Elektron call it the Digitrinity.

My new Digitakt MK2 has a blue screen!

1 Like

pics?

Now you tell us…I just sent mine back thinking the screen was busted…not realising that my blue colour-blindness night be responsible.

2 Likes

They’re lying

1 Like

really like yellow screens that all the other digi format devices other than ST have.
i thought it was intentional design choice to reduce stress on the eyes while maintaining high contrast for visibility.

aesthetically white screen on ST is pretty cool. complements on how different it is.

1 Like

Yuck! What a shame.

My views on the white (now blueish?!) screens here - Will Elektron update the Digi screens to match the syntakt? - #4 by 1zerozerozero1

TL;DR - the yellow screens are superior.

It was the result of a smashed screen which I replaced myself… The unspeakable horror - #50 by chiasticon
I found a supplier on Ali Express and decided to go for a green one because the opportunity presented itself. I like it and I’m quite proud of the fact that I performed the operation myself, it was hairy, believe me… I’m no electrician or soldering expert and don’t have desoldering gear.

1 Like

Ah that makes more sense! Not so bad then : ) And good job - brave too.

1 Like

I had a couple of weeks to build up the nerve. Looking back I’m amazed I pulled it off… the old screen was connected by 20 pins and I had to use a certain amount of brute force to get it off… much like puling a tooth. heat, brace and pull… and pray. Since that I have tried to remove led screens from 5 Yamaha REX 50s and had to cut the pins off all of them, they wouldn’t budge when I tried heating the solder.

Can’t believe you managed that without a solder sucker! Patience of a saint, clearly.

P.s. if you want one, this one is great! silicone tip SOLDER SUCKER PUMP remover desoldering tool Japanese Engineer SS-02 4989833055028 | eBay

1 Like

I started heating at one end and kept pulling upwards, once I could see it was moving I knew that bit by bit I could get it off… then I went for it and it came off in one go… i’m still amazed. I’m sure that experienced electricians have millions of experiences like that but… it’s your precious baby DT innit…

I do have one now… copper braid too but I find it tricky to use. You really need a vacuum desolder for jobs like that… not cheap.