Old Blood Noise Endeavors Dark Star

Hello. Guys did you try this pedal? How is it?
I want to use one track from A4 as pad sound, so thinking to get some pedal. I feel like Big Sky is to much just for one track sound, so probably it is ok to use simple pedal like Dark Star. But it is mono out, which is strange for me.
Any suggestions would be good!
Thank you

2 Likes

I have one but have yet to use it with synths.

I like that it gives guitars that 70s style spacey sound. Think Pink Floyd or King Crimson.

What I do not like about it is that you essentially have to “tune” the reverb. It can be interesting, but it’s kind of a pain when you just want to flick on the pedal and use it.

For a better explanation, watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPiCxpEXpe0&t=399s

Actual demo starts around 3 mins in.

Having said all that - I love, love, love my Industrial Electric RM-1N reverb pedal. That thing is insanely cool (although also mono).

2 Likes

Do you mean Pitch mode?

Yes, in pitch mode. Honestly, I forgot it had other modes. To me, it’s not a great delay or bit crusher. At least held up to other boxes that are dedicated to doing those things.

Jack of all trades, master of none.

I’m not trying to talk you out of buying one. I am definitely keeping mine because I like that it sort of has it’s own sound. I just think there a better reverb pedals out there, but generally they’re more expensive.

And again, I haven’t tried it on synths yet.

1 Like

Just picked it up, can’t wait to try it out on my Prophet-600, perhaps the output of my Octatrack.