OG Digitakt as A Capella Dub Machine

OG Digitakt as A Capella Dub Machine

This is a post about the idea of keeping an OG Digitakt, as well as buying a new Digitakt II.

The post is about dedicating the OG Digitakt to mono vocal samples (a cappella), but syncing this OG Digitakt to the new Digitakt II, and dedicating the Digitakt II to non-vocal samples.

The OG Digitakt and the new Digitakt II have to be able to sync, one has 4 bars, the other has 8 bars, is this an issue?

That is the kind of questions I hope this post is about.
Do the two Digitakts get along?

Thank you.

All Elektrons are made to get along

2 Likes

If you sequence it from digitakt II’s midi tracks then the original digitakt will also have 128 steps, if you use it for it’s own 64 step sequencer then it will be just like any other 2 synced midi devices with different length sequencers, they start and stop together and stay on clock but the sequencers operate independently.

1 Like

No. I use multiple Elektrons (and non-Elektrons) with different numbers of bars in each patternall the time. They sync with MIDI. I wouldn’t worry about it.

Also, if you really wanted all your devices to have the same number of bars per pattern, you can fake 8 bars on the OG DT with conditional trigs or only use 4-bar patterns with the DT2 – I still don’t think it’s a big deal to sync devices with patterns of different bar lengths and I find it spices things up when they’re not the same.

Nard Dog, is that you?