Off topic posts from bug reports thread

Does Elektron have a public beta program for their os? My opinion is that they really haven’t , althought this would help them so much, regarding the number of issues each time. I know that could cause some leaks and its hard to realize for non-software products, but still possible with serious, honest and close hard users.

1 Like

Surprise, you’re it!

4 Likes

Ahah good call, i know it

They have and the magic is that nobody can leak because it‘s already published :wink:

1 Like

Yeah I think at this point it is best to wait atleast a little bit to see if there are any bugs that are really gamebreaking after each update… once it seems safe go for it. Or live life on the edge like me and update and report bugs when you find em.

I m clearly a compulsive updater, and love testing new things with the conscious risk of loosing some goods and be complaining about after…and i would be ok with that only for minor or strange bugs and feature requests, that public can report when published. But since we talk features that don’t work as they announced or huge workflow regression, i really think they have to pass some serious test in hands of few hard user, they ‘d release significant better os.
Without talking the fact that would be faster than reading thousands of tickets, analize, make choices, and finally fixing few of them. it took 8 month for the previous one.
That’s my impression when i see how their fixing of triglocks that changed notes values, haven’t really be fixed but turned in a new major issue many noticed immediately. I’ve wrote tickets and had discussion like many of us about the behavior DT had with triglocks. Good to see that they tried to fix, but how frustrating to see that they didn’t understood the whole problem, or just haven’t tested hard enough the new os to make triglocks really playable, and not a million moves to make before having a simple parameter jump that don’t affect another unwanted step or the whole pattern.

Ive never heard (in my 12+ years producing) of a machine still not functioning properly after this many updates. At this point only minor bugs should be left…and possible feature requests. If this happens in the auto-industry its called a ‘lemon’ …$800 is alot of money to a starving artist.

1 Like

I never agreed to be a beta tester, why are you guys acting like this is ok? Strange

1 Like

Although I just made a joking comment that we are the beta testers, I don’t believe Elektron actually intends this to be the case in any way at all. It seems like they really pride themselves on these products and I’m sure they try as hard as they can to get things as bug-free as possible, and these recent updates show they are obviously striving for a better product.

From what I have seen (although this is my first Elektron instrument) they have a track record of going above and beyond just bug fixes in the long run.

They are, as I understand it, a pretty small development team and have been going through a lot of growth processes lately. Not saying whether or not that excuses anything, but just to keep that in perspective as well.

As for the machine not functioning properly, I mean, it depends on what exactly you need from it. Lots of people have been using it successfully with no major issues. Despite some specific and certain scenarios that exacerbate some bugs, it’s still a very functional machine. People are very vocal about bugs and problems but don’t let that give you the impression that that’s the general experience of using the machine. I have been using mine pretty heavily for many hours daily for close to a month (in a home setting, not live, no heavy MIDI use). Aside from a few freezes (less than 5 would be my guesstimate), can’t think of any major frustrations or problems.

1 Like

Guess you never heard about the DSI Tempest during those 12 years :wink:

It’s really not even close to being bad. Been making a lot of music with the digitakts, so it works fine. For a lot of people it does.

3 Likes

I bought a Tempest last year, and i was very pleased with it. (Matured after 5 years.)

Selling a double cheese burger with only one piece of cheese inside and a lot of serious dust, then waiting for the customer to explain them what’s wrong about isn’t cool for me. I don’t ask for perfection neither, i embrace limitations, i really dig DT and Elektron approach of electronic music, i continue to use it a lot and making nodd my head, most of my gears do few things, but do well what’s wrote in the manual, most of it since their launches.
It seems elektron had take the choice to release fixable updates (after months) and not just perfectible ones.

1 Like

I owned it as well, not so long ago. It’s a great instrument for sure. I was merely pointing out the dreadful OS development it took to get to the point it is now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a full studio my friend. About 10 hardware machines + outboard (but where not discussing proccesing gear) …over 12yrs making music. Anyway, like i said, ive never experienced this. Might i add i own ar/ak/ot.

Ive used the dsi tempest when it came out, never froze on me lol. Played with it for hours. Not a great comparison, just saying (+its analog at the core). DT constantly froze right out the box, and in the same way for everyone…do the math. They knew it didnt work / sold it anyway. Its not cool to pay 800 and not get what i paid for. They deserve the flack as much as they deserve the praise for there othere machines. Stop being so 1 sided.

Please stop this discussion in here, this is supposed to be a thread about discovered bugs, not about whether or not Elektron are neat guys. I’m trying to decide on whether or not to update, and this is not really helpful. Thank you.

1 Like

guys… bug report thread here. no fighting in the war room!

2 Likes

Plenty of other threads for this discussion, and the bug reports thread is not one.
Please stay on topic. If you don’t have specific bugs to report or discuss in the bug reports thread, then do not post in it.