International Offices -- Elektron's and others

Starting a new thread to deal with this small mystery.

What you found DimensionsTomorrow is quite curious.

As i noted earlier, Elektron.se removed their reference to their Japanese Office, and also removed reference to their Berlin Office. To my knowledge no official announcement of this was made.

I also noted at that time, that the website that Elektron Japan used ( Elektron.co.jp ) which is separate from the Elektron Sweden site ( Elektron.se ) still showed a Japanese Elektron Office.

But as you have found the Japanese web-site now redirects to the Elektron Distribution Group. This appears to me to be a Japanese Importer of three electronic music equipment brands — Elektron, ASM, and Erica Synths.

Note the logo on this site. It appears to me to be new and distinct. It doesn’t belong to any of those three companies.

A hypothesis, this is a separate company, an importer in Japan, who has rights to use the name Elektron Distribution Group, but is not part of the Swedish company. That they also have use of the old Elektron Japan web-site which redirects to the Elektron Distribution Group web-site, is quite curious.

So new thread, if anyone cares to comment further. Please keep the posting traffic down with relevant and substantial ideas.

3 Likes

Interesting that fits with this “other” thread.: Elektron turnaround? - #18 by pulsn

With a new CEO at the helm and Covid times, closures are natural I suppose. Tightening of the belt where necessary, and the cooperation with Elektron Distrubtion Group seems that next rung down from a dedicated office. Here in Australia we live in that distribution world, where there is no direct contact for Elektron just a distributor which everything goes through in terms of sales, support etc. We can’t even buy stuff from the Elektron webshop internationally.

Nice logo btw

2 Likes

Hard to be sure if it fits together. That is also interesting though.

…can’t see any big mystery here…
obviously elektron had to slim down for the better due to pandemic reasons plus after quite some danger to end up too overstretched…
reduce to max is the keyword here, i’d say…

so all this u detected is just a logic result to stay strong, available, in business and present at all relevant markets, within most optimized costs…

1 Like

This forum is turning into a GCSE business studies project.

9 Likes

Also, worth noting that Elektron Distribution Group’s CEO is still the former head of Elektron Japan, which I am very happy about because he’s an awesome guy and I’m glad he seems to have landed well with the reshuffling.

(Congrats and best of luck if you read this!)

5 Likes

Ah ha ! That fills in a big piece of the puzzle.

This person also probably goes back a ways with Elektron and knows Daniel Troberg.

2 Likes

Is it only about Elektron?

Moog will have an office in Berlin! Info from podcast Gaz Williams with Herr Schneider.

1 Like

That is very interesting TonyDS but … Yeah this thread was created to redirect discussion related to the Elektron Japanese Office away from the Superbooth 21 thread.

I’m cautious to avoid another blow up thread, like the last one i spun off.

Unless you are saying Moog Berlin, is staffed with Ex Elektron Berlin people ?

If that is true, maybe i will change the thread title.

It seems that their German subsidiary (Elektron Studios Berlin GmbH) still formally exists. The latest registered event (May 2021) was the change from Cenk to Elektron CEO A. Liffgarden as managing director.

1 Like

The corporation may still exist, but the office is closed so i’m told. ( thread link )

Very interesting research you did with the registered corporate events.

If in a few days we see a new guy demoing Moog synths at Superbooth, maybe that accounts for having a Moog Berlin Office. Extraordinarily, extremely, highly, highly speculative.

As much as I like elektron gear I really don’t care about the intricate details of the business side … similar to many other synth companies.
It’s a business and they need to make decisions / alliances as they see fit
Not sure what talking and speculating about it is going to achieve.

2 Likes

Look. There has been a series of posts in the Superbooth 21 thread about the Elektron Offices. People obviously want to talk about it.

But it was off-topic to the Superbooth thread. So i took time too create a thread for the discussion. I like when others have a chance to communicate. There has been a thoughtful exchange of ideas here with a variety of people.

It is fine if you don’t care about a topic, and for you to feel there is little point in posting or reading about that topic. Why post then ? Others feel differently than you and want to participate.

1 Like

I live in Japan! :eyes:

If Elektron is looking for a local English speaking musician that’d be happy to help, here I am.

Self advertising aside, Interesting they’d have an office this way though. I wonder how much of the market for them is from around here.

1 Like

…as mentioned in ur other thread, i will pass by there on tuesday anyways and have a look for myself…pretty sure, the place is still rented by elektron and just closed due to pandemic flatlines and the fact that it was even in best days only open within small time windows, for appointments and when there were special events takin’ place…it is a showroom…not a shop…
and apart from all elektron gear, there are also weird and old and whatsoever other sonic brands stuff on display…it’s a place for sonic nerds and a little tax side construction for swedish accountancy…

traditional swedish x mas candy was always great…but there’s not even a decent coffee machine…

1 Like

Probably more fun to “swing by” Moog Berlin, if the reports of its existence are real.

…moog seem to try be big in germany these days…they even run their own dedicated tent on superbooth this year…first time thing…
really wonder what they have in mind, if they even start their own office here in berlin…
might be also some tax advantages involved…