Off topic in “Digitone multi outs” thread

Ughhhhh i didn’t realise the digitone keys had multi outs?!?! I like that but it also annoys me as a clever marketing ploy from Elektron to sucker people into buying the digitone knowing full well they’ll release a keys version with multi outs later.

No way, don’t be so naive. They know exactly what they’re doing.

Lesson learned here.

Lose the ‘clever’ and ‘ploy’. It’s just business.

Lesson ?
Never buy anything ever because an update is likely to be released.

Never buy a tv
Never buy a car
Never buy a computer
Never buy a phone.

2 Likes

Exactly. Wait till the second version comes out.

Some folks see a scheme or scam everywhere they look, there are a number of them on this forum. Always suspicious, always thinking folks are trying to take advantage of them. If that’s how they think other people operate, imagine how they operate in their own lives. People who see shady behavior everywhere they look are almost guaranteed to be shady themselves.

Every time I see this kind of mindset on the forum or anywhere else, I think about how frustrating it must be for these small companies making cool products. Stay positive people! The people making these instruments at Elektron are passionate musicians themselves who are attempting to make a living by bringing amazing instruments to market! Just because money is involved doesn’t mean that they are up in some corporate tower deciding how to most effectively trick you into parting with your cash. Ridiculous!

2 Likes

How funny you seem to know everyone else’s beliefs from one comment lol bless

Well, you actually made multiple comments to that effect just in this thread. So, not just one comment. Also, it’s not silly to infer from your comments or comments like this what your beliefs might be. I’m referencing a larger trend that I see, and have experienced being in business. People I’ve dealt with in real life who are of the mindset that people making money are just out to trick you or scam you tend to be exhibiting those same behaviors they are suspicious of. ‘I’m operating that way, so of course others are too.’ See below for the multiple comments you’ve made. Not an attack on you, just social commentary.

1. "Ughhhhh i didn’t realise the digitone keys had multi outs?!?! I like that but it also annoys me as a clever marketing ploy from Elektron to sucker people into buying the digitone knowing full well they’ll release a keys version with multi outs later.

2. “No way, don’t be so naive. They know exactly what they’re doing. Lesson learned here.”

Lol I think you’ve got too much time on your hands buddy to be generalising and assuming what other people’s beliefs in forums are lol

I shall not reply again as I don’t agree with wasting my own time and descending threads into boring tit for tat as you seem quite determined to do so.

If you don’t agree with what I put don’t let it bother you, it’s ok you think differently.

All the best buddy :slight_smile:

The classic “You’ve got too much time on your hands” response. All the best to you as well friend :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: