Off-Topic chat from HW deals topic

I don’t own any but I don’t know how Behringer make stuff for these prices? We’ll probably all find out in 5 years time that it’s all DSP in the box and the rest of the analogue circuit is fake it to make it! Either that or the Uyghurs are making it for free! Wouldn’t put it past Berhinger!

Come on dude I don’t buy Behringer but neither of these things are true. They have a vertically integrated business model where they produce components, casing, knobs, etc internally so they don’t pay markups to suppliers, other manufacturers, etc, it’s basic but also very difficult to achieve, takes a looong time to build a business like B has. I don’t buy because of the lame marketing and exclusively clone-based model, but they are running slick production facilities and you have to respect the vertical integration at least. If they weren’t total shitheads on the marketing side (this seems to have died down since the whole Kirn situation blew up) and were making cool original synths, I’d probably be all over it.

1 Like

Haha There are plenty of YouTube videos that you can watch where people open up there Behringer synth. It’s all, 100% analog if it’s intended to be. All I can say is that I don’t have any problem with my Behringer model D that I bought some years ago, but I have issues with my Moog Matriarch that costs 10 times the price.

we know where this would end up