Octatrackmk2 Issue

Hey everyone!

Wanted to reach out with a little issue I’m having with my Octatrack in hopes that someone can help me remedy this.

I have the OTMK2 being sequenced by my Squarp pyramid. Whenever i press play on my keyboard (spacebar obviously) the octatrack will shuffle through the 8 track and end up selected on the master track (8th track) automatically. for example… ill be in the middle of editing track one and then it will shuffle 2-8 automatically. when i click back on one… it does it again.

Hope someone might know whats up or is it a bug?

Thanks to all in advance!

The mention of “keyboard” and “spacebar” suggests that you are using something other than Pyramid and OT. What are you actually doing, and in what kind of setup?

1 Like

So i have Ableton as the master. Sending clock to the pyramid then pyramid is sequencing all other hardware. i have midi out of pyramid to the octatrack in.

I just tried unplugging the octatrack midi in from the pyramid and seeing how it acted on standalone… had no problem with the shuffle. So im guessing its something within the Octatracks midi in port? Ive checked the pyramid settings and they are quite basic with nothing more then “send” or “off”. So id have to keep send on. Cant be a problem from the Pyramid

I’m not really sure if I understand you correctly, but that sounds like the OT receives active track up/down events (?).

Please check the manual Appendix C, especially C.1 NOTE MAPPING which explains which MIDI notes trigger which functionality. I guess from your description that the OT seems to receive multiple MIDI notes G#4 (68) or A4 (69) in a row.

2 Likes

that sounds like it may be the issue. Ill take a look at that part of the manual now. Ill let you know what i find.

Thank you!

Hey That was it!

Thanks a lot! really appreciate it

1 Like

Just to get you started (because that feature is quite unique to the OT):

The OT interprets most of the possible MIDI notes as commands. Just a quite small range of MIDI notes are really interpreted as notes (C5-C7 == 72-96).

Glad you found it.

That’s one of the three “features” I’d like to be able to switch off alltogether… everyone’s mileage may vary, of course but is a major annoyance for me!