Octatrack won't turn on

After less than 2 years of use, my octatrack suddenly stopped turning on. I’ve found only a few similar complaints about this issue on the forums. Many have attributed this problem to either faulty PSUs or a loose connection to the power socket.

Luckily I found someone nearby with a PSU-2 I can try. I’ll give it a try today and update you all soon. In the meantime, does anyone have advice about what could’ve caused this kind of problem? Or how to prevent it? I’ve secured all the connections as much as I can and tried different angles, etc.

One suggestion I’ve seen is to slightly bend the pin inside the power socket on the Octatrack. Mine looks totally normal and centered, so I’m hesitant to try this. Others have mentioned needing to re-solder a component, but I’m confused about exactly what this is supposed to apply to.

Please advise! Thanks!

Update: Looks like the flap underneath this socket pin is a little worn. How many of you have had this problem versus a PSU failure? Elektron has already replied to my support ticket, but I’m just wondering about any anecdotes out there.

I had this pin problem, but it was possible to turn OT on, it was turning off while slightly moving.
Solved with a small screw driver to bend the pin.

1 Like