Octatrack with Behringer FCB1010 Uno-question

Hello,
i try to programm the footswitch controller FCB1010 from Behringer with UNO OS for pickupmashienes,but it doesn’t work.
I have trying 5 and more options that i have found in Internet-i am dissapearing ,my english is not very good and sometimes i think i was to
stupid to understand something.
has anyone a simple tutorial for me how i have to programm the FCB1010 with UNO Firmware to use it with Pickupmashiene of the octatrack?

who can help me?

Thank you

I haven’t got an FCB or UNO os obviously, but if I were you I’d connect the FCB to a midi interface on your computer (unless it acts as a USB midi interface already) and use a midi monitoring software package, the one for Mac is MIdI MoNiTOR by snoize, that’ll help you see what the FCB is sending, check the message type and midi channel etc. there is a YouTube video with elektron using the FCB somewhere and a tutorial in the manual I believe.

i have an ubuntu system and havn’t found a Midiprogramm for the FCB in ubuntu version-but if i only need amidi programm which istelling me what the FCB sends i would found it and if not ihave to to someone who has windows-i had hoped i can avoid this ,but if it only worked on that way i finally have to do it.
Thanks

Maybe it’s possible to run pd on Ubuntu and write a simple midi monitor, it’s a doddle on Max(similar to pd)

Test your FCB programming skills on a midi synth by sending cc1 or cc7 values e.g.

good idea,i found kmidimon and it works,but the programming of the uno-os is difficult the first time,so i always hve to try few programmings more if all woks fine,i think.

I’m using an FCB.
I have MIDI NOTES setup like this:
61 A/B REC
62 C/D REC
63 SRC3 REC
60 PICKUP PLAY/STOP
35 SEQUENCER PLAY/RESTART
33 SEQUENCER STOP
66 MUTE
67 CUE
68 TRACK DOWN
69 TRACK UP

MIDI CC # 48 is setup on one of the expression pedals and I can’t remember what I set the other one to :slight_smile:

I’m not sure if you are having trouble with the FCB editor, or if you are having trouble with the MIDI notes you need to send.

1 Like

i had have trouble only with the editor not with the notes,but know everything works.

so the berhinger fcb1010 can be programmed to send these note messages?
as i understood the manual only one pedal can send note-messages the other ones program-changes

or do i need the Uno-Os for that?

Yes. In the English version of the manual, the procedure is given on page 9.

No.

I am sending all the notes I listed above and I don’t have the UNO OS.

cool thank you!

1 Like

You have the basic firmware?
I think it has 2 CC switches isn’t it?
Only 0 or 127 values?

With Recorders / Flex, a switch can be used to control RATE with 0-127 for reverse, but for PITCH you need 3 values, hence 2 switches.