Octatrack Wishlist for next OS update

The ability to turn off time stretching and automatic tempo jumps on pickup machines
PLEASE!!!

2 Likes

+1. Even if itā€™s possible to use flex machines just like PU machines but without the TS and tempo adjustment, itā€™s quite a hassle to set-up. For me it would be a game-changer. Initially I bought the OT because I thought it would be a great 8-track looper, and then I found out that itā€™s not because of this. Also (maybe itā€™s linked) Iā€™d like the PUMā€™s to behave properly when the OT is slaved to a master clock.

1 Like

You can effectively avoid the tempo jump if the recording matches the tempo you are running at. Use the quantisation options to achieve this.

You can do that in the arranger.

yes. i often wish i had this too for drum breaks

:flushed:

I had a dream there was a mode where the octatrack could cross fade between samples triggered in a track. Like imagine slice mode or slot mode and you hit the triggers and you can assign a level cross fade time between the different hits with the ot fader. The free slot in the amp page could be a spot? Which otherwise just shows xfade when the scenes are held.?
You can do something like this with all the tracks sure, but doing it on one track , and say limiting the polyphony to just the previous sample might be slightly more interesting! If the ot still got the juice!
Just putting it out there!

1 Like

Talk of crossfades reminds me; I wish there was an auto-crossfade function in the audio editor. Fast Tracker II had a thing where you would select a part of a sample around the loop endpoint and press the xfade button, it generated crossfades to loop start and end for click free looping.

Metering on the compressor. I can tell gain is working but for light compressing a responsive visual would be helpful.

1 Like

This can be done using a recorder buffer. Set the buffer to record the track using compressor, open the audio editor to observe the waveform as it records. (A continuous 1 bar recording loop works well)

Its crude but it works.

1 Like

The filter is pretty flexible as it is, 12 and 24 db slope, freely assignable Q, can be HPF LPF and BPF. The Parametric EQ is essentially a state variable notch or peak filter.
Step gate, already exists, amp page, also through machines.
Vocal doubler- not sure what that means.
More delay types, I dunno, you can get allsorts of madness using LFOs to modulate the delay.
Alternative modulation effects, it already has phaser, flanger and chorus, with all parameters modulated by LFOs, slide trigs, p locks, the crossfader, What did you have in mind?

1 Like

Good pointā€¦I was just thinking that if users could see if their compressor was working on their master channel in a club context they might quit complaining of flat sound haha

They can aways route the main output to one of the inputs via cue, and use the input level LEDs red means they are hitting the wall alrightā€¦

The record buffer trick I like, but sacrificing an input is going a bit too far for GUI requestā€¦

Right. Donā€™t let your request be turned down just because someone suggests a workaround. This would be nice to have.

1 Like

Wishlist is quite simple:
Have @JustinValer and @v-yadli take over development

But if you want an asynchronous loop you are fucked.

Same basic requests Iā€™ve always had:

-Ability to paste into a pattern location other than the one currently playing
-Lock mode for FUNC to make one handed use easier (I want this even more now that Iā€™ve got an 8bit Warps, which has this exact feature for its encoders - itā€™s really convenient)
-I think thereā€™s a third thing but I canā€™t remember what it is so it much not be very important.
-Mute selectable between the current behavior and note mute.

1 Like

Can you elaborate on this?

Would be awesome but does any Elektron have this?