Octatrack Wishlist for next OS update

I never thought of this, but yes, I love this idea.

I never thought of this, but yes, I love this idea. [/quote]
Omg an effects bus, genius. Such a great idea! Plz do Elektron friends :smiley:

for 2 itā€™d also be nice to be able to have the flex machines pass audio though MD style so when you set the input of the flex machine to cue you could hear it live (or abcd on a per track basis) if you wanted to.

Bug fix:
Cue-ing the master track actually sends the output to CUE. It currently doesnā€™t!

I never thought of this, but yes, I love this idea. [/quote]
Omg an effects bus, genius. Such a great idea! Plz do Elektron friends :D[/quote]
Very useful :heart:
Donā€™t think they have ever made a structural routing update like that on any of their machines???, I stand to be corrected :confused:
I would imagine it could be a pandores box of bugs. :sob:

That they continue to hold silence on any of the most requested achievable update requests is disheartening. :sleepy:

ā€¦ā€œwe have not forgotten about the OTā€ just isnā€™t good enough in my book. :-1:

How about some real information thanks guys? :+1:

The Octatrack is really my favourite elektron product.
There are so many good ideas of many users for the next OS. no question, itĀ“s
not easy or even impossible to realize them all.
Well, iĀ“m still happy with it how it is right now, but of course i have
many wishes for change too.
it even came to my mind that it would be cool to have different OS-s that are
specialized for certain topics, for example MIDI-sequening,FX-manipulation,remixing,
maybe a synth would be possible tooā€¦
(i think of that french guy of OTO-machines who did that DER OTO thing
with the OTO biscuit. you can change the bitcrusher into a synth, when
pressing a button combination when you turn the machine on)
people use that very flexible machine in so many different ways, so itĀ“s no wonder that they come up with endless ideas for improvement.
but what i really like to know are 2 things:

• does anybody know if the elektron people are working on an OS at all?
  • did anybody of you also think of that japanese people who did the JJ OS for
    the AKAI MPCs ?
    For me it would be o.k. to pay a bit for a really cool OS.
    For me it would be also o.k. when elektron says: no, we donĀ“t plan to
    release a new OT OS in the next time.

Denis. My understanding is Der Oto was done in co-operation with Oliver from Mutable Instruments.

Iā€™m sure they are, just donā€™t expect anything major, theyā€™re probably too busy with the AR / Overbridge.

AFAIK, ā€œthat japanese peopleā€ was an Akai employee who worked on the MPCā€™s for years, who had/has a deep knowledge of the machines and code baseā€¦ donā€™t hold your breath on someone else figuring it out, seeing as Elektorn canā€™t sort it out within three years.

I probably would, but not to Elektron.

-More options with tempo! Tempo locked to patterns or banks rather than simply projects.

• The ability to have a 3/4 pattern that is four bars long (and not confusing to sequence)

Funktion - trigger button should work as fade in and fade out in mixer mode . Funktion - level should set the fade time in mixer mode

read it again and think about it

ā€¦ah, someone else who asks for something like tempo trigsā€¦

single patterns must have the option for different pre fixed tempiā€¦please!

and hell yeah, iā€™d pay for updatesā€¦

jj os for mpcs is about one hundred bucks of xtra moneyā€¦but worth every pennyā€¦

You can do this using microtiming. There is old nice tracker trick:

1 C-4 ā€“
2 C-4 50
3 C-4 A0
4 ā€” ā€“
5 C-4 ā€“
6 C-4 50
7 C-4 A0
8 ā€” ā€“
ā€¦

First column is trigger/note, second column is trigger delay in hex

Oh manā€¦this is something I never even considered, but I would love so much. I feel like Iā€™m constantly fighting with tempo issues and use the multipliers to try to get things where Iā€™d like them, but am always just outside of where I want things to fit. Any way to fine tune timing would be ideal, although I can imagine plenty of headaches in the implementation so it probably wonā€™t happen.

My feeling is that better implementation of the click track would be incredibly handy. Ideally Iā€™d like to see a way of routing just the click out of the headphones or cue output. Playing with live musicians is commonplace, why not make that a bit easier?

In fact being able to specify whatā€™s routed through the headphone out would be ace and give the OT an additional usable output.

[/quote]
yeah ! brilliant idea

+1 :+1:
We should be able to select the routing of all outputs, mains, cue, and headphone ports.

+1 MIDI slide
+1 naming MIDI CC
+1 Velocity sensitivity in Chromatic mode (if poss.)

1 Like

[quote="ā€œAutomuxā€"]

+1 :+1:
We should be able to select the routing of all outputs, mains, cue, and headphone ports.[/quote]
It would solve all of my problems if there was a ā€˜Mixdown modeā€™ option to convert Inputs A/B/C/D to outputs as well as allowing Headphones as an assignable out.
5 Stereo outs or 8 x mono and a stereo fx channel straight from the Octa = drool

An option that will use the last selected MIDI channel on the MIDI page when switching back to the Sampler page when Audio Channels arenā€™t using MIDI.

Maybe I should use the Audio Channels? Can I mirror the Midi Page channels on the Audio Page channels? If not, this is another request.

That way I can play, or someone else can play midi notes using the midi page. While I, or someone else, can go sample and mangle.

better the pickups.
let them to be slaves for the bpm, and overdub, even if the OT is bpm slave.
let them have different samples recording lenght.
like ableton loopers !!

My feeling is that elektron is now focused on the AR/A4 and that they will not make any significant change on the OT OS.

I think the OT already works as advertised, but since it became the center of my setup i would really enjoy a few simple things :

1. having 16 parts instead of 4 !!! This would let us having 16 patterns all independant of each others. It would really help my workflow
  2. being able to modulate the start point of a sample

To make the OT more suitable for ambient/drone :
3)Having high quality FX (even if they would take 2 FX slot) : reverb, phaser, chorus
4) what about having some FM, ringmod and granular FX ?

To make it more suitable for melodic work (im sure this will never happen!):
5) Using audio track as a ā€œmelodic trackā€. These tracks should behave just like midi tracks : possibility to enter note rather than pitch, use the arpegiator, and to play sample on more than two octaves
6) Polyphony
7) Force to scale option available on the arranger.

But im pretty sure none of these will ever be done !