Octatrack Time Stretch Playback Errors

I also got Elecktron support to send me DPS-1_OS1.31 which I tested. It still has the same warbling fluxtuations. To my ears slightly less but it’s so slight I’m not sure if I’m imaginging it.

If they changed the timestretch algorithm I’m sure it would be mentioned in the changelogs. And, to have full backwards compatibility I’m pretty sure it should be optional in that case.

1 Like

…it seems to me, ur imagining a lot here…

and what u call errors here is nothing but proper results of a decade old time stretch algorithm…
if ur expecting fluid realtime warping, try what ur doing on ableton 6 instead, which is same point of where it’s at/was when it came to liquid audio in realtime back then…
and realize what’s possible…and what’s not…
errors?..u might wanna check ur settings again…and make ur mind up, how to transform disadvantages into advantages…part of art…since jesus christ, my goodness…

of course more complex content like chords,especially if u go for long phrases, show some warbling in sound once way off their original time signature…
and no, no firmware update was changing anything about the basic algorithm ever…
u start tricking urself…

even with most actual realtime audio warp options to be found in ableton or bitwig, with huuuuge amounts of cpu power in their back, harmonic audio gets degraded slightly once warped realtime…
if u want no artifacts/sideeffects at all, avoid the comfort of realtime processing at all and start working with offline algorithms…or play and create the stuff for real…

1 Like