Octatrack Techno/House? thread

Playback rate rather I find that going from 64 to 48 can take a straight 16th note pattern and turn them into triplets. Or go down to 32 and now hour lead is turned into a halftime bassline

2 Likes

Also I found a way to get randomness without using conditional trigs (I do like conditional frogs but sometimes you want to go another route) is let’s say you have a clap on two and four. Set the last snare on bar four to plock an LFO depth that is modulating retrig amount. (I like to use a square wave set to free so that it only sometimes catches the positive modulation) and then have a triangle LFO modulating time. Gives a fun clicks ‘ n cuts glitchy randomness

5 Likes

Is there a good way to get flams on snares? Ive tried fill mode but then I only get snares to be on the grid, whats a good way to create another division?

Maybe setting the retrig ammount and then using LFO designer to get specific time divisions? Seems tedious maybe there’s a better method

same. :frog:

3 Likes

In the Microtiming Menu (Hold trig and press left/right arrow)you can set step repeats with up arrow.
Retrigger with lfo modulation (filter, amp attack etc.) or p-locks/trigless locks also works nicely.
Depends on what sound you want to achieve.

4 Likes

Ah I thought that was only for midi tracks, thanks, guess theres not a way to tie that to scenes or fills though (8th notes->16th -> drop)

for the flams though I will take that lfo modulation suggestion, thanks!

1 Like

You can use scenes to achieve what you want, though.

First scene has RTRG and RTIM on Playback Page set to 1/8 note repeats, second scene has RTRG and RTIM set to 1/16th note repeats.
You can use a third scene for additional fx, lock very fast RTIM value or whatever you like to do.

I’d have my 1/8th note repeat scene on Scene B, but muted. Then move the crossfader to Scene B, unmute the scene, then I’d change to the 1/16th note repeat scene and then move to Scene A where either a scene with fast RTIM, FX parameters or stuff like that is locked.

3 Likes

Nice tutorial / jam

2 Likes