Octatrack stereo issues

Hello , new in Elektron Family , but tried lot to work it out as sampling and also importing . Used to Sample Some Stereo Thing , but while comparing to original sample , played by PC , stereo image is much wider than from octatrack . FLEX machine is on 24 bit and record also . does the same for imported sample …

Maybe you recorded with A+B setting instead of AB.

Recording Setup 1 > INAB = AB

A+B sums up left and right to make the sample mono.

1 Like

yeap tried that , but seriously maybe im asking 2 much but , comparing to DAW (Audio Interface) output to OT , the same samples sound much weak from OT :frowning:

@enryo ive found your post similar to this , but i had no Master Level issue …
stereo image is really small , u still have that problem ?

If it was an imported sample I guess it’s a matter of your gain staging and/or of bit depth of the source.

For my understanding: Did you sample the sample from DAW? Did you have any EQ or effects on the path to OT or back?

Usually you won’t hear any significant difference.

To make your comparison more relatable to others, what audio interface you using?

@TheDiePie thanks guys for ur reply’s . i tried a lot and found that in headphones is really close Stereo image to DAW , ive tried to switch TRS cables to TS and some settings in MOTU input software and then analyzed with Waves PAZ analyzer . it seems much normal for now … i hope its just User Error and Not Device … bcz as an engineer i can easily recognize every small stereo difference … now is negligible i think … any thoughts in forward ?

1 Like

same here, it’s terrible :grin:

I’m pretty sure that it’s not the OT. But imho the OT is prone to very different outcomes if the input gain was not set to an optimum. And this ‘sweet sampling spot’ is not easy to find - on my :elot: slighly under turning the input LED’s into red.

feels like new life to learn :smiley: damn it . if u find anything helpful plz tag me in post . fingers crossed and lucks :smiley:

1 Like

For gain, the noise gate can help, as a reference.
I didn’t try it that much.

Fn+Mixer > Control > Input

True! (TS) to Mixer, Octatrack output seems Unbalance…

nope, the OT outputs are balanced.

Yeah, but only impedance balanced like all elektron gear. Anyway useful if you enjoy a better CMRR