Octatrack Step LED didn't work

One of my Step Buttons on my Octatrack Mk2 sometimes don’t turn to the color red. It seems like one LED didn’t work but sometimes it works. Already shipped it for repair but it came back and they couldn’t find the failure. Is it possible to reset the device? Maybe its a software bug or something :confused:

P.S. sorry for my bad english

Hold [FUNC] while powering up to access the startup menu and from there access the test mode to check the LEDs of the buttons.

Also try it with a new project and don’t change anything there. Just try to press set and remove trigs.

Which trig button doesn’t turn to red? Maybe one of the last ones? Maybe you have set the pattern length to something smaller than 16?

It also depends on the operation mode how the trig buttons behave and which trig type was previously set on that step. It doesn’t always turns red just by a single press.

2 Likes

thanks! I tested it and on the testscreen and it Works. But on the Loadingscreen/ Splashscreen sometimes the led in the button don’t turn in to red. The other colors are working only red didn’t work. Same Problem when I try to create a pattern, sometimes it works and some time it doesn’t. It is the step-button 11 on my Octatrack. I would send a photo but I can’t. I´m a new forum-member.

Now the red LED of the step 11 also didn’t work in the test screen. I tryed it again. Thats so frustrating… The Device is a half year old and its only in my Studio no touring etc.

Sorry to hear that. This really sounds like a hardware problem. I wonder why they couldn’t find it during repair … strange …

Intermittency ?

Can you shake or vibrate the unit (lightly NOT violently) and see the LED blinks at all.

Still repair should have found this.

yes I tryed it but nothing happened. Hmm I will send it back to Thomann. The main reason why it so frustrating is the device not a year old and was also not in touring work , only in my homestudio.

I have the same problem. Good to know that sending it in doesn‘t help… or not. It‘s trig number 2 though

The repair should be cheap / trivial.

My guess a cold solder. It changes … if the OT is running a bit longer it sometimes goes away. Also sometimes it‘s not even there in the first place.

2 Likes

I´m , thinking the same maybe a cold solder but its really bad for a device that costs 1300 EUR.

Overheating LEDs in manufacture can lead to their early failure too. Bad solder or pulled away PCB traces would probably be more common.

1 Like

Iam ending the story. After two times of sending it in it finally works!