Octatrack stand/rack mounting measurements?

Howdy! I need a bit of help.

My girlfriend is at the shop and was gonna make me a stand/end cheeks for my OT based off of this:

She needs the measurements between the mounting holes, but I can’t measure them at the moment.

Would one of you know that or be kind enough to measure it for me?

Thanks!

1 Like

Use these at your own risk

Plus ensure you don’t allow the M3 screw to protrude more than 4mm clear of the wood. I.e the remainder of the screw needs to be less than 5mm long to be safe from catching PCB and long enough to catch enough threads. So those may need cutting to size once the holes are prepared to give 4mm going into OT.
Use a cocktail stick to test clearance and you may have more, but read the threads for those who have stripped tracks and components by using long screws.

116.5mm between centres

Central along width

16.5mm to centres from top surface

designers spacing holes with non rounded mm accuracy bothers me wrt the measurement veracity, it was a crappy tape measure, but not so bad to be that inaccurate - i’d wait for a second confirmation if i were you and check against a CAD file that you’ll no doubt find with dimensions for drilling

8 Likes

Awesome!! Thanks, I really appreciate it!

1 Like

Check it out. She burned Bowie into them for me. :grin:

8 Likes

Excellent!
My girlfriend made me an Octatrack and digitone stand. Good to see more dudes with woodworky ladies!

2 Likes

Hey.
Can someone be kind and measure the dimensions of the octatrack EXCLUDING the jacks, rubber feet and knobs. Just the metal shell.
Can only find the dimensions including jacks etc online and i don’t have my octatrack here with me atm.
Also the distance of the two holes for screws on the sides. Im gonna make a diy stand.
In milimeters.
Much appreciated! :slight_smile:

I dunno, but look at the dimensions of the Digitakt or Digitone, they have the same depth, but the jacks aren’t protruding.

1 Like

Good idea!

The distance from one edge of the hole to the other is 110mm.

From the middle of one hole to the other its 117mm.

1 Like

The thread was moved and @avantronica posted 116.5mm between centres, see above.

Just to be more precise :wink:

3 Likes

with a better ruler this seems about right

Also just noted the depth and height - 176mm on the depth of the box only and almost 44mm on depth as a calliper would measure the box - the width is the published dimensions (340mm) from Elektron as nothing protrudes out the sides

Dimensions: W 340 × D 184 × H 63 mm (13.3” × 7.2” × 2.5”) (including knobs, jacks, and rubber feet)

1 Like