Octatrack Sequencing a MeeBlip Issues

(this might be better in the Other Gear forum … not sure)

Anyone here have any issues sequencing a MeeBlip from the Octatrack? I get all kinds of weird glitching (stuck notes, notes that only play for a tick, notes that don’t play).

I can sequence the MeeBlip from my computer (with time code coming through) and play it from a keyboard just fine.

I can sequence other synths (MicroQ, MKS-50, MiniBrute, etc), with the OT and have zero issues.

I run the OT as the master for the OT, A4 and MnM, so, I have timecode coming out for all of those. Not sure if the OT timecode is what’s causing it?

It’s just the MeeBlip. I’ve tried with three midi cables, same problem from the OT and no problem from anything else.

1 Like

I’ve been without my MeeBlip over a year, but used to sequence it with the MD. I do remember issues. I don’t remember specifics or solutions. That was also with an early MeeBlip firmware without CC control. I really liked it’s sound (and miss it). I didn’t like when they cleaned up the OSC and messed with mix and PWM from the earlier firmware. I was forced to learn how to mess with the code to implement CCs or use the newer firmware, and I did not like the sound or controls. So, I ditched it. If I recall correctly, I was looking at a midi filter to sequence it from an elektron box while still sending what I needed for other synths :disappointed:

I wonder if the OT is simply overwhelming the Meeblip’s modest processor with MIDI data?

Sorry for bumping an ancient thread, but I just picked up an anode and ran into the same issue. Turning off clock send on the octatrack fixed it, although I can’t imagine why that would be an issue.

Has anyone else encountered this? I’d eventually like to use the octatrack as my master clock so if there’s any other fix out there I’d love to hear it.

Hiya @coreyappleby I just picked up a Meeblip Triode (super fun badass little synth) I’m really stoked on it, but I can’t sequence it directly from OT.

I also found that the OT clock send was causing an issue for the meeblip, but I found an interesting workaround. I have my OT midi out running into Monomachine which also runs into A4 and RYTM. Instead of running midi to Meeblip from the end of my daisy chain, I decided to try and sequence the Meeblip from Monomachine. EDIT --> Midi out from OT to MnM and then thru to A4/RYTM, but midi out from MnM to input on Meeblip.

Put meeblip on channel 8 … set MnM to channel 8 and it works fine. Now an interesting thing happened …

I hit play on OT, which starts the whole sequence on all machines, but I noticed that if I sent notes from OT on channel 8 it was passing through on that channel to the MnM and then making its way to Meeblip !! WEWT ! So here’s why it’s cool - I can send notes with Plocks from both sequencers … and since I get 4 CC from MnM and 10 CC from OT thats 14 plockable parameters and I also get all those LFO’s to control them GASP so nutty.

I’m still going to continue to dig and find a way to get triode to work straight out of OT without turning the clock send off. If I find a solution I’ll let you know :slight_smile:

cheers
.bin

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks for the tip! For the time being I’m just sequencing it with my MD, but I’d love to get it working with the OT. I might end up switching the master clock to the AR to see if that resolves the issue.

With Ot, you can use 2 tracks to have 20 CC.

Funny, I’m sequencing other ATmega-based synths (like the Shruthi) without a hitch from the OT, wonder what the issue is. I suggest you contact the developer, they might be able to fix it on the firmware-side.

1 Like

totally!

Same here with the Anode and the Triode, but then I start using a MOTU midi device where I filter unwanted stuff and all is working just fine.

Yea, sadly, the only way I have found is to filter the Midi with a third device… I use an iConnectivity MIDI device.

1 Like

James (Meeblips engineer) told me he updated the MIDI code on the Meeblip,
Didn’t test it yet.

2 Likes

Just tested the new firmware. It works great!

2 Likes

Well, I guess that means I now need to figure out how to upgrade the firmware on my Meeblip SE and Meeblip Anode!

Edit: oh … triode only … :frowning:

Second edit: Not sure if this link will work, but, it’s the diff on the Triode’s midi code, and it’s just a couple edits, so, maybe I can just edit the SE and Anode’s Midi code and build this? Ugh.

I am also having issues sequencing the Triode from the OT. I’ve emailed support for help, but if anybody’s got any more information, I’d sure be happy to try it out!

It plays fine from Ableton via Op-1 as midi controller… just not so hot from OT. it makes noise, sure, but not what I sequenced.

What’s the number on your Triode? If it’s less than 558 you’ll need this:

I just got the chip but haven’t done the upgrade yet. Hopefully it fixes the issue.

1 Like

I’m 316/1000.

Just got word back from support and they say I can just use the re-programmer. So now I know what I’m doing after the gig tonight!

I hope I won’t need the new chip. …fingers crossed.

2 Likes