Octatrack running thru the tracks

I am trying to run audio thru the octa’s
trk 1 ( input A)

trk 2 (input B)

.however, since this morning ( have not changed anything since last night setup) it’s going over the rest of the track when in playback mode.

any suggestions?

-both tracks are in thru mode

• midi is set to receive

Thank you

Have you set the first trig in the thru track?

Yes, I have set the first trig for both thru tracks A and B

i reset it several times and still makes a run and stops at track 8…and when i move it to track 1 to adjust Fx it moves after the length of a bar.

change projects and try again? if it works in new project , something is not set right in original project,

1 Like

i have tried a new project and re-set the machine a few times…

thank you for your suggestions. appreciate you all.

by the way

regarding Project

…i am not trying recording the audio from the two synths going thru the octa track audio in at the moment…

What do you mean by that? It’s not clear from your description what your problem is, but just as a blind guess (since you are using thru machines):

Have you checked in the mixer menu that DIR for AB is 0?

When you want help you’ll need to be much more clear about what you want to achieve. Sorry to say it so directly, but that reads like random nonsense to me.

3 Likes

am not offended by your directness… appreciate your candor

since i am new to the octatrack and the lingo associated please forgive my layman attempt to describe my situation.

I am using

• Yamaha rs 7000 as a midi controller and to play keys and sequence Waldorf rocket and its own sound ; the outputs are going into Audio in of the Octa:
    Waldorf to A—>Track 1
    RS 7000 - B---->Track2
    Octotrack is Recieving clock

Problem A
when the sequencing starts ( it is a loop until i stop it) whenever key 11 is triggered it moves the selected track in this case Track 1 to track 2 on the next loop track 3 next loop beginning Track 3…and stops at track 8. Because of that I can’t change the parameters because the red light moves after a loop.

and

this happens manual as well after stopping the sequence, pressing the the key (11) selects the next track

Problem B
Key 12 starts the octa sequencer…i don’t what that event to be triggered by that key. I start it from the RS which is the master transport play for all devices.

I hope this is more descriptive and understandable. I appreciate.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Sounds like maybe you are sending midi notes to the Octatrack that are switching the channels, etc–these are in the manual.
Is it possible you have a midi loop going on?

3 Likes

^ this

1 Like

will search the manuel…

no there is no midi loop from the rs 7000 sent to the octatrack

thank you for your suggestion. appreciate.

thank you

there some random midi message getting sent causing your issue, double check all cc’s

1 Like

i will check the editor ( RS)

cheers

The Octatrack has a really uncommon MIDI implementation where MIDI note values trigger different functions on the machine (instead of just playing different pitches).

What MIDI note triggers what can be best seen in latest manual on page 136.

I have referred to the latest manual here, because previous versions were not really that clear. Now it’s a nice table showing also the note values itself.

2 Likes

Thank you for your help. I will look at the values and disable them on the RS.

It is a rather humbling machine :slight_smile: It lives up to its infamy so far. On the positive side, I am learning. And tackling this issue will be a practical exercise.

1 Like

or try using some of the coloured charts and whatnots scattered around the forum … e.g.

3 Likes

thank you

is there a tutorial on how to do this…

Sounds like the notes being sent from your RS-7000 are on the same channel as the Octatrack auto channel, so best thing to do is go into midi settings on OT and turn auto channel off - did it solve your problem?

4 Likes

. almost sure that was one of my attempts.

Will do so tonight when i get home…

thank you