Octatrack per pattern midi transpose

Not yet, all my computers are fucked since more than 1 year. Not a priority.
The most usable have 2/3 of the screen usable. Ok for memes. My good screen is family’s tv. Should be solved next month. I don’t especially miss computers.

3 Likes

:laughing:

3 Likes

i use OctaEdit and, yep, it’s good. definitely worth it for setting up new projects quickly and organizing the messes i tend to make in my OT.

2 Likes

To stay in topic, transpose trigs seems easy with OctaEdit.

I think OctaEdit can help you to know OT much better / deeper. It can give you a wider vision of possibilities.
As I don’t want to use computer in my music creation part, it’s not my approach, computer free. But I want to know Everything about OT, and make an ideal template.
To duplicate ideal parts for all banks it’s getting pretty complicated. What if you want to change certain parameters?
For me it’s mainly about make things duplicated easily, logically, but possibilities are really impressive with OctaEdit.

Take a look at OctaEdit manual…

1 Like

I have an additional question:

Let’s say I have a pattern of 64 steps. 4 x16 exact steps. Can I transpose the sound after each 16 steps. So first 16 steps is at C (of whatever), next 16 is at F, etc… Do I need to p-lock each trigger of 16 steps. Or can I do something clever with LFO?

:open_mouth:

Square wave lfo or lfo designer.

corrected :wink: steps

Can you transpose each 16 steps to the pitch you want? So for CFAG or what ever? Or do you need to lfo designer for it? I guess with square wave LFO you alter between two pitch. Or you can use another lfo to modulate LFO 1 or something.

Perhaps fastest approach is to p-lock all triggers?

(:, copy/paste trigs also worth consideration here

Yep. I’d also use an lfo designer :
Hold trigs 1234 > value 0
Hold trigs 5678 > value X
etc

Sync Trig mode, speed = 4 bars (default IIRC)

:thinking: Want to try that ! :smiley:

aha cool. My idea is to create small variations on the 16 step sequence. Would also be a possibility to have 1: 10 steps in pitch X, then 20 steps --> pitch Y, and so fort. But total sequence of 64 steps would still consist of 4 times the same 16 steps.

Hmm will try something with that today :slight_smile:

Doable with step designer.

What do u mean with step designer

sadly transposing has its culprits on all devices… on the Digitone you can only transpose one octave by pushing 12 times (at least per track) … on the A4 you can do it with the transpose function … but then it’s either your track is in that group or not (so either all up or down transposed) … this is pure Elektron feature diversification. Maybe you can transpose as on the DN … can’t remember right now … and the OT can’t do it at all. :relieved:

You can set 5 lfo designer trigs (10 steps pitch X), followed by 10 more (20 steps pitch Y). Set speed accordingly.