Octatrack OS 1.40A: bug reports

Yes i mentioned that bug a few times although i could not describe fully how to reproduce.
Did not happen in a while (did not touch the OT in a while) but i still doubt it happens just when changing memory config. IIRC it happened just working on tracks all of a sudden and not only on Static.

Same issue here with FUNC+T2 combo. It mutes/unmutes scene A

"I’m sorry to hear about the issue.

I suspect that the issue is due to a known bug, causing the wrong button to be registered sometimes using some button combinations. I have not seen a report of FUNC + T2 muting scene A before, but the behavior is identical to the reports we’ve seen of other combinations. We are working on a firmware fix that will resolve the issue after upgrading. Do I understand correctly that this is the only issue you’re experiencing after creating a new set and disconnecting all MIDI cables?

Best Regards,

Patrik - Elektron"

I hope it doesn’t take too long! It bothers me a lot but Elektron’s support has been awesome as usual

5 Likes

Only statics affected here so most likely a different issue.

To reproduce:
Go to memory config
Dynamic Recorders yes
Rec format 16bit
Res rec 1-8
Reserve len - change this to a different value

Then exit, any statics won’t be triggered by sequencer, to fix if you go to AED for the static track whilst seq is playing it will start playing on next trigger.

Can some people test/confirm?

Edit: you will need to go into AED for each static to unlock it.

2 Likes

It’s a pretty long standing bug. Any changes to the memory settings cause it. Used to affect flexs too but that got fixed a couple of updates back

1 Like

Quicker methods are to enter file manager and back out, or save and reload the project. Both moves wipe the buffer contents, but so does a change to the memory settings anyway so it’s usually fine

1 Like

Think I had the dubious honour of raising it here first Request: can you replicate this bug?

2 Likes

Seems quicker on mk2 just to enter AED, tap each track that has a static and it fixes it :+1:

2 Likes

Yes with that mk2 button and on some
Projects. Problem is all the p-locked static slots are muted too and getting to all those used via AED is a pain

2 Likes

Yep indeed i was more than angry cutting my workflow to sort out ALL the Plocks. It also affects all the samples of the Slot List.

Thanks for the work around (the best move being to not change the memory parameter of course).

1 Like

You guys mean sample locks? I don’t tend to use them on statics myself, but I see what you mean.

I find it strange that statics act up like this but flex are fine, @Patrik one that slipped through the net?

Any change can cause it, isn’t it?

IIRC going to File Manager can resolve that for all track, can’t re-test…

Yeah old bug, fixed for Flex in 1.25H IIRC, not for Static.

1 Like

Appending this to bug list:

1 Like

Issue of activating Scene 02 and unintentionally pointing and loading Scene 10, experienced by a couple of users. Reported this to Elektron via a support ticket just 15 minutes ago and hopefully can be fixed via a firmware update. I live in the Philippines and I’m not sure if I can get my unit replaced. :frowning:

MK2 @TatakTekno ?

Yes, MK2. :frowning:

As a workaround - I have to press and hold Scene X, and then press Scene 2, let go of Scene 2 before I let go of Scene X - all this to activate Scene 2.

Since I’m in a country where I’m not optimistic Elektron can recall/resend a replacement unit, I might stick to this workaround first (can live with it) until hopefully a firmware update can handle it. Or is a firmware update to fix this bug a long shot?

Would you create a new project and see if you can replicate such bug?

1 Like

I did, no samples loaded, no anything. Kinda sucks since initially I was hoping the bug was unique to the project I was working. But alas, it seems like a hardware/PCB issue.

As soon as I select Scene 2, the Scene 10 LED lights up (yellow, indicating this is the scene selected by pressing 2).

If it helps anyone, I can make a quick video demonstrating the issue, and the workaround.

I’d say do it. it would not be the first time that a bug on OT is solved by changing the factor between the chair and the machine ^^

I’m slow I didn’t get “chair and the machine”

Will try to get a quick video and share here. Kinda bummed, but ok I guess.

1 Like

Ahem if you trust my own experience, 98% of the bugs I have encountered with OT were at the top of the arm pushing the buttons or holding the crossfader… :tongue:

4 Likes