Octatrack OS 1.40: bug reports

Of course your reasoning is right, but Elektron confirmed it as bug during the beta test. That’s why I listed it.

2 Likes

Yep.
If you’ve noticed, when you revert FX1 (part not saved), it goes back to the default values for FILTER.
In the case of FX2, the default values go back to those of DELAY.
So, the default values must have been defined globally somewhere to match the default track FX configuration (FX1 = FILTER, FX2 = DELAY.)
I’ll bet they’ll have to define specific defaults for each effect type in order to fix this.

Yep. As usual I will be waiting a while before updating the OS .
Sounds like there is still some wrinkles to iron out .

2 Likes

Or you could jump in and find the wrinkles, so we can help get them ironed out more quickly? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Looking forward to that enhanced screen dimming option and tempo per pattern. Guess I’ll see how this turns out in the next month or so before I decide if I need to do this or not. Really appreciate all the hard work you guys do at elektron, and I love the OT and the DT!

They did some pretty extensive beta testing so that’s a shame there seems to be a few things lurking. Such a deep beast, hard to catch all those bugs :bug: Hopefully these can be addressed quickly and an A version released soon

Way too busy for that!

1 Like

Pshhh what does elektron know. :grinning:

1 Like

I can verify some funkiness with banks, but rest assured, your data is there.

@merv @Lakvid : My brief testing resulted in basically the same results.

In any event, I’ve found out how to bypass these visual glitches: enter GRID RECORDING mode (hit the record button) before pressing BANK and PTN. You should be able to see the proper BANK array in any mode.

For some reason, the TRIG MODE LEDs status conflicts with the BANK LEDs now. @Patrik

4 Likes

Noticed that arranger is not default when global tempo is set to pattern… feature??

Tracks 01 to 08 will have Sample Slots 001 to 008 as default.

2 Likes

Ah thanks, ok that´s that I thought for some reason this was not case.

1 Like

I updated yesterday and started from a new blank project. Working with 2 bar patterns, there were a couple of occasions where the LED motion didn’t show on the first bar, but appeared to be looping around the second bar only. This is with a mk1.
Confession: I was mildly stoned so will therefore be taking detailed notes this afternoon. Oh, wait, it’s Friday so possibly not ‘detailed’.

2 Likes

Same here on MK2. Entering grid recording does make all the banks reappear.

Seems that p-locks no longer turn the page LED green (or did I imagine it working that way?). So it’s slower to find what they relate to. Mk1 here.
Edit: It works for scenes. Maybe I’m just imagining p-locks the same?

Thanks for digging the subject. I followed your procedure with a new project. I pretty much have the same results but with an extra layer of weirdness :sweat_smile:

TRACKS: as expected
==>confirm

CHROMATIC: banks 1 and 13 only
==>confirm

SLOTS & SLICES following CHROMATIC: banks 1 and 13 only
==> SLOTS: the first time banks 1 and 13 only (active bank lit, except if you were on bank 1), after works as expected if you switch to another bank and another etc., except if you go back to bank 1 then trig 1 is unlit.

==>SLICES: the first time banks 1 and 13 only (active bank lit, except if you were on bank 1), after works as expected if you switch to another bank and another etc., and even if you go back to bank 1

SLOTS & SLICES following QUICK MUTE: as expected
==>SLOTS: if you were in bank 1 trig 1 is unlit, and stays this way if you switch to another bank and to bank 1 again

==>SLICES: works as expected

QUICK MUTE: as expected
==> confirm

DELAY CTRL: banks 9 to 16 only, active bank is unlit
==> confirm, except that active bank is lit if it’s a bank from 9 to 16

Anyone else? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Think i may have stumbled across a bug as well.
The menu (Function + mixer) is frozen when Midi mode is enabled.
It didn’t happen when I turned off and on the OT again, so not sure I can recreate it.
Anyone else noticed the same behaviour?

Can’t reproduce here - on Mkii however.

1 Like

Hi everyone, I seem to have found a bug with the new update.

It has to do with tempo per pattern mode. (I’m sorry if this explanation doesn’t make sense)

I was using tempo per pattern on my patterns and I noticed if you press stop while a pattern is playing at 120 BPM for example and you switch to another pattern with a different BPM, the BPM doesn’t change, it progresses in the same BPM as the last pattern you pressed.

It will reset to the proper BPM if you press stop again, but it seems like switching patterns after pressing stop in the middle of a pattern and changing to a new pattern quickly with a different BPM will cause the BPM from the last pattern to persist.

1 Like

Have you raised a ticket with elektron support?

1 Like