Octatrack: Not in stock at Sweetwater

I’d be so pissed if a new one came out and I just purchased one. Those things are not cheap! lol

I personally don’t think a new Octatrack would come out, the mkII is as already been stated a facelifted and slightly improved mkI, I think that Elektron have shown us that they do not like to revisit or redo what they already did before (mkII concept aside) and I understand why and I’m quite glad that they continue to innovate and stay fresh, rather than selling incremental improvements every other year like for example Akai do.

9 Likes

Agree that the effects are lacking, especially compared to the digi series.

A word or 2 are missing? :smile:

14 different fx
2 fx per track, up to 8 Fx with neighbors, up to 16 with tricks
Master fx option
Fx send possible with Cue record.
External fx loop possible
Realtime sampling / mangling = crazy fx
Feedback possible
48 lfos

Filters, Eq, Comb Filters and Compressor are really good, delay quality is quite similar to Digis / Analogs. I prefer Analogs reverb, similar to digis.

8 Likes

Haha!

I agree there are a lot of effects and most quite capable. Some of them, the verbs in particular seem a bit shrill to me, especially in comparison to the digi’s.

1 Like

Yeah reverb is not quite as good but flexibility makes up for it IMO. Dark Reverb is very good with a few tweaks

5 Likes

if only there was a second set of stereo outs and ins to wire the OT up with a top notch reverb, something even better than the A4/AR/Digi reverb
:thinking:

9 Likes

Cue works for this though

Good thing I realized my Sweet Care card doesn’t have enough on it…LOL LOSER IS I… but had enough for a MicroFreak for shits and gigs!

2 Likes

Or else?!?

Or else? Not following the question.

Or what?

1 Like

Or Where?

1 Like

great talk, everyone.

2 Likes

I’m surprised Elektron did not add more processing power to the MK2. Just seems there is so much more you could do with the Octatrack. Hell make people pay for the updated, I would be ok with that.

My guess is that “more processing power” means a new processor type which means re-coding the OS of the Octatrack. News are around that the dev team is working on a different project right now, I forgot what it was. :thinking:

1 Like

You forgot? Suspense!!!