Octatrack + Nord Drum 3P

It does send notes (and CC) on MIDI Out. You have to activate the global channel for that, though. Otherwise nothing goes out. I’ve set the pads to channels 1 to 6 and the global channel to 10. Works great.

2 Likes

Wow i had one with a digitakt and was told you could not send notes from thé Nord . Thats great

I actually imagine a row of ND3s with black/white coloured pads acting as an electronic xylophone…

1 Like

so when you play a pad, say the one set to channel 1, it updates the midi sequence of the track in the ot that is mapped to that channel?

No, it’s only sending notes on the global channel. Which makes sense, because the individual channels can actually be played chromatically via an external keyboard or sequencer. While each pad can obviously only ever play one fixed note. The only real drawback I see is that even CCs will only be sent on the global channel. Which makes it kind of tricky to use the 3P interface when you want to automate more than one pad. But, it’s not impossible. You just need to be aware of what’s happening and put some thought into the configuration.

1 Like
2 Likes

Blockquote[quote=“senor-bling, post:26, topic:149273”]
The only real drawback I see is that even CCs will only be sent on the global channel.
[/quote]

i don’t think this is correct. CCs can be sent on individual channels.

from my experience though, striking the pad will play the sound as it is set in the 3P and CCs can change it after the no e message from the pad.

I should have put it more precisely. It will only transmit CC on your global channel. Of course it can receive CC on each individual as well as on the global channel.

1 Like

Waw that malletstation is a crazy expensive MIDI controller for what it does… still a third of the price of some competitors though, i’m glad i chose guitar and not marimba :wink:

i hadn’t tested that so thanks. i guess i didn’t try to receive CCs from the ND3P at any point, only notes.

things i would love updated on this…

• notes transmitted per channel
  • ‘round robin’ style setting for 6 voice poly play.

waits for @sezare56 to explain how it’s possible with a midi processor :slight_smile: