1 Like

well done!

1 Like

Good stuff. Thanks for the vid

1 Like

:tophat::rose:

2 Likes

@pinup57 @skirmishes @hoppy303 @santhrax @Scot_Solida @Unifono @moseley101 @ML

:open_mouth: WOW!! thanks everyone!! seems like this one strummed a chord :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks again to make videos with my ideas…

9 Likes

it isn’t exactly an original idea to send white noise into a comb filter and you have had plenty of time to make your own video on it :slight_smile:

6 Likes

No time at all, can’t make music, pissed of with my situation anyway. I’ll keep things for me.

1 Like

just to be clear, I was utilizing this technique long before your thread ever existed

8 Likes

Hi guys, cool… I did synthesis from white noise or random noise or single waveforms ever since the 80’s, there’s nothing new to the principle, many synthesisers just work that way. I especially enjoyed my S550 sampler from Roland which had great filters and was very powerful to do just what is being used by the both of you and I bought it in 1989 if I recall well. What is cool is that the OT effectively has the tools onboard to do this too. I wasn’t aware of @sezare56 's thread, being a newcomer here, I listened and I really enjoyed the soundtrack, that was very nicely done. I also enjoyed @defenestration 's walkthrough, that was really useful. One complements the other very nicely. Thank you both for sharing all those cool tricks with us. Peace.

6 Likes

No war. I’m just jealous. :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

I’m on the road and can’t try this until Monday, but am very much looking forward to trying it!
I deeply appreciate your STEP BY STEP approach, especially for those of us that are new (ish) to the OT. Makes all the difference. It’s a very generous thing you’re doing with your videos. Huge fan here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

thanks man, always appreciate! these are very challenging videos to make as I’m mainly interested in showing real-time and real-world usage. I feel I could do a better job making things more clear sometimes, so I’m usually trying to touch on things here and there that have sometimes been glossed over in older videos. For example this video contains a couple nuggets about button combos I’ve never touched on before, although it’s likely I’ve used them while shooting footage before but did not discuss them in the narration. I kind of like each video having a range of features discussed from basic to advanced, but not every video can be everything for everyone, so over time hopefully my OT library should collectively represent a comprehensive resource

5 Likes

who’s ever idea it was, it’s nice that it is shared with the world outside of elektronauts cosmos, in such a clear, well-made video tutorial.
@sezare56 you know we are all extremely grateful for all your magic, highly creative ideas here, don’t you? :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Thanks, but for the moment it is gone, I’m really frustrated. I’ll be back!

6 Likes

@Unifono :heart::heart::heart:

@sezare56 one thing I do that I definitely ripped off from you is using a flex machine + record buffer with microtimed record trig as a cheap slapback delay - but I haven’t used that one in a video yet :smile:

11 Likes

btw. thanks for the “holding function and press up arrow” for adjusting the master track length.
Missed that one. Will make life a bit easier

4 Likes

I learned that one by accident within the last few months or so!! :joy:

6 Likes

I don’t know where to start! Just excellent video, wow! Other video makers should take note here, this is just clean, simple, no annoying after FX or intros. Clear goals, and clear information about what is going on, and man, those sounds!!!?? I did not know my little box could do that! Dude, 10/10 for just the simple quality of the video, and more for showing us your process in making the sounds. Pure gold! Cheers!!

8 Likes

happy accident for sure

1 Like