Octatrack + MPC Live Overkill?

Hey Elektronauts,
I need some advise from all you experts…
I’ve had the Octatrack MKII for a couple of years, I like it allows me to sequence two hardware synths and use it as a drum machine. I’ve tried almost all the dedicated drum machines out there to play along with my set up but just hadn’t work out. Recently purchased a used Vermona DRMI MKIII but there was something wrong with it, was very noisy, cool sounds nonetheless. Then I started thinking… Pay $669 for a new one plus a Arturia Beatstep Pro $229, that’s $898. While looking at gear realised the Akai MPC Live dropped $200 and now it’s $999. Seems to me that the MPC Live would give me a drum machine and a lot more flexibility in terms of what I can do with it. I’m I just overthinking this? What would you do in my shoes? Thanks…

Did you try Model Samples as a Drummaschine? Its more minimalistic and very powerful

No I have not but I want independent outputs particularly for the kick and snare since I want to process them independently…

Vermona is analog.
Analog Rytm ?
Easy to use with OT.

1 Like

I’m finding the tempest to be a good companion. Plus you can also treat it like a 6 voice polysynth. I think you can find them in the $1-1.2k Range

2 Likes