Octatrack MKII sending PATTERN CHNG to Digitakt help plz!

I only have DT and OT so it’s good to know it’s not specific to the OT.

Also wondering why they didn’t at least release the fixes that they did have, unless they haven’t fixed anything :confused:

@Airyck I don’t think it works like that, it has to all work together. That’s where bugs come from, changing one bit of code can fix one thing and break another, so it would likely cause havoc if they just chopped out the half finished bug fixes and gave you the ones that worked. Definitely doesn’t mean nothings happening, don’t worry about it, I’m sure it’s all in the works

oh yeah, I have the same pattern change issue with Ableton Live as well :frowning:

@jb I think it depends on the bug. Not all bugs affect all parts of the software. They are generally fixed one at a time and if that fix doesn’t break anything else it can be merged into the main code. Then they move on and fix the next bug. I think it’s just a decision on how many and what bugs need fixed before they decide to release a new package.

Um, the Octa-track Manual only seems to have 30 pages! Am I missing something??!!

Yes, I think your missing the manual :smiley: :

You probably have the quick guide…

2 Likes

HAHAHA, Many Thanks! Don’t suppose you fancy answering a quick question! I’ve manged to get my Octa-Track to send program changes to my Digitakt, but I’m having difficulty with getting it to change program changes to my other synths.

Maybe you need to enable program change receive on the synths, and make sure they are set to receive on the right channel…

Note that if using the sync menu send PC that all devices receiving PC will change program incrementally according to pattern selection on OT. Like pattern A1 will be PC 0, A2 PC 1, A3 PC 2, etc…

You can send different unique PC’s to devices from the midi tracks by setting the OT midi track and a devices PC receive to the same channel, using different channels for each synth, and setting the PC change in the note setup of the tracks. I believe they’re only sent when a pattern assigned to a new part becomes active…

1 Like

It’s very different than from the Digitakt. For some reason, even though I have the correct CC value set on the Octa-track, I can’t change the program using the CC knobs. Instead I have to open the Midi note setup page and change the program from there. Also, I can’t just scroll through program changes simply by turning the knob, I have to hit yes after each increment to hear the change!