Octatrack MKII sending PATTERN CHNG to Digitakt help plz!

I am going through these very complicated manuals trying to get my Octatrack MKII to send pattern change to my digitakt. It triggers notes and can change cc values just fine, but I want to use the song mode for my digitakt. Can anyone help shortcut me to the answer here?

On OT Mk2, activate PROG CH SEND and set the CHANNEL number in the PROJECT > MIDI > SYNC menu (page 40 of manual).

On DT, activate PROG CH RECEIVE and set the CHANNEL number in the SETTINGS > MIDI CONFIG > SYNC menu (pages 55-56 of manual).

Ensure that the DT is receiving MIDI by the MIDI In port (as opposed to the USB port).

7 Likes

Thank you, I got it working right way. Very helpful

1 Like

Trying to use my Digi for drums while my Octatrack works the melody. But it is difficult to make them play together harmoniously. Any insight would be good here. Ty

What specifically would you like to achieve?

The DT has a bug that keeps its from working properly with receiving PC. I contacted elektron right after I got my Digi about this issue and they said that they’re aware of the issue and it is a top priority fix for the next update…any day now.

1 Like

Whats the bug?

I want the Digitakt change pattern when my octatrack does

It’s that the DT doesn’t change until a whole phrase after it should.

1 Like

are you referring to it needing to complete its pattern before the change happens?

It will change a whole pattern after it should. So if I change from pattern 1 to 2 on my OT my Analog keys will change with the OT from 1 to 2 but the DT will continue to play 1 for an extra cycle before changing patterns.

1 Like

Here’s what that looks like in action:

Having same problem here. It’s absolutely weird that program change doesn’t work on similar machines from same manufacturer:) Any updates?

1 Like

I’m sure the fix will come in the next update which is suppose to happen in December sometime.

1 Like

inserts foot in mouth

This is the worst issue with Digitakt for me. It doesn’t change patterns with the Octatrack, it always happens one pattern late. Are there people who are “not” experiencing this?

This is my biggest gripe as well. I contacted elektron months ago with this issue and was told that they are aware of it and it’s a top priority fix for the new OS.

I can deal with any of the other issues I’ve experienced but this one just kills the ability to use it for songs with the Octatrack. I’m surprised I haven’t seen more people talking about this. Which is also why I was asking if people were “not” experiencing this to see if maybe there was a magic work around I wasn’t using.

It does the same thing when slaved to the Analog keys PC.

You can control the OT from the DT’s program change and it works fine but then you can’t use the arrangement mode.

Same here with A4, super annoying as it would be the easiest “song mode” workaround for those of us with other Elektron machines.