Octatrack MKII / INPUT C/D LED blinking without any input and nothing

Check that you are not confusing a 1(one) with an I(i) or a 0(zero) with an O(o) in the serialnumber

1 Like

nope I tried that, thought the same thing

Ok, send me a PM and I will forward it to support tomorrow.

2 Likes

cheers, PMd you the s/n

I went to a technician at my local music store and he opened up my octatrack (mkii) After testing all signals every input seemed to be ‘broken’. Even by just touching the inputs lightly they produced noise. So his simple solution was replacing each mono input, with a better quality one (not saying current ones are bad) but they might have been used a lot by me or they might have suffered a lot along the way.

Very simple fix, no need to send back your OT… you can find these parts online fairly easy.
I would suggest replacing all of them.

Those should do the trick

Hi, I just picked up a used Octatrack mk2 in seemingly good condition. I noticed that the channel A/C lights on the input tracks were wavering green even though they weren’t plugged in. Monitoring them, yeah they’re pretty noisy for no reason with the noise gate at -inf. I find that to get rid of this I have to bring it up to about -50dB or so.

When I plug in a stereo connection it sounds fine, which is good, no noise. When I plug a mono connection into A, no noise. When I plug a mono connection into B, I get noise on A unless the noise gate is on.

I get the feeling having the noise gate up to that level would be fine for most cases, so I’m not that concerned, but any idea if it could get worse?

It’s likely not an an issue…

so, basically the noise is only there for inputs you’re not using - so it doesn’t matter if it has noise or not.
only ‘impact’ is, to make sure you correctly select inputs - so in your mono case , select B, rather than A B/A+B - which is good practice anyway.

3 Likes

Better like this, you can record noise! :content:

1 Like

Just tested, OT MKI.
Noise gate at -92 db to cut noise.
More noise if I plug something.

1 Like

Yup, I’d seen, I have a store warranty so I might get them to send it in at some point just to get the jacks fixed, maybe the screen too since it has some burn-in. But yeah, functionally it doesn’t impact anything and I can just pick A to have no noise on a mono input

2 Likes

Is there any DIY or other fix options for us who have units outside of warranty?

1 Like

I’m having this issue as well. At first it was only when line wasn’t plugged into inputs, but now i’m getting intermittent noise even with inputs plugged in and running audio.

Hiya - you’re recommending stereo jack replacement for the mono inputs?

did u find a fix?

Did u ever get this fixed? Thanks