Octatrack MKII / INPUT C/D LED blinking without any input and nothing

I have the RED on RECA staying red, it’s the peak level getting stuck, power cycle usually works to clear, Im on 1.30 so not been fixed.

You on 1.30"C" ?? Not A or B…

Hello guys. Same here, my C-D leds blinking while nothing is plug into it…
I send a ticket to Elektron, I whish it can be fixed without sending it back…

Most of you probably know this probably, but I will say it anyway. If you go to mixer and lower the gain of the inputs, the leds stop flickering on my machine. I hope this is not a hardware issue.

I had some flickering of input LEDs too, on 1.30D, I think it is a firmware issue, also compared to mkI the LEDs on mkII seem a bit more persistent, for example when unplugging a cable from the inputs there is a slightly decaying fade on mkII, with mkI it goes off much quicker.

I’ve been using my OT Mk2 since launch day last year without issue (I’m as surprised as you!). However, very recently, my input LEDs have started blinking randomly with no cables other than the master outs plugged in, and flash on (sometimes for a duration) when I plug cables into the master, cue, and headphone sockets.

Is my hardware failing? Is it a software thing? It my machine just having a moment?

What’s the though, Octa-folk?

I had the happen recently. The C-D lights were blinking with no audio coming into the unit and nothing playing internally.

I rebooted and it still flickered green. Finally it went away.

No idea why it was doing that.

My octa LED on track 5 is reversed, green when selected, red when not. It also zaps me from time to time. I can only assume it is trying to drive me to write better music.

2 Likes

Hey, when I turn on my octatrack mkii the C input led lights up green a lot on projects where I’m not using that input. Is it supposed to do that? Or can I fix it? it’s kind of distracting

edit, I’m noticing this is a bigger issue than I thought : S

1 Like

Is this after the boot up light show/after the project is loaded?

Yeah, after I boot up and after the light show. The C input blinks like it’s receiving something. I tried turning down the C input on the mixer and that works, but doesn’t that mean I’ll have to turn it back up when I need the C input later on?

1 Like

I usually keep my DIR monitoring at 0 for AB and CD unless I’m sampling or playing guitar through the OT, not sure why it would be blinking without a cable attached. Strange. How long does it usually go on for?

Mine was at zero, but I had to change it to -64 on C to get rid of it. If I put it on 0 then it starts blinking. And it blinks and reacts the whole time I’m playing

1 Like

oh wow, yeah thats gotta be a bad jack. Maybe something bent the pin in there somehow? Might have to send back to Elektron. Does it do it when you play audio through C? Like stay on during silence, also are you getting any unwanted noise/feedback?

1 Like

Oh my gosh I really hope not! I’m so good and caring with it. And yeah audio plays through the C, but I’ll double check it now. I haven’t had anything hooked up the back in weeks. But I’m not getting any unwanted noise that I can hear

.I have this problem sometimes after using the C and D input, but it usually goes away after a while. How long do you have the problem? Did you already try to create a new project, repower everything etc. ? I guess you don’t have anything plugged into the C/D port?
What happens if you plug two cables that are grounded and have no signal?

1 Like

hopefully its nothing serious, Elektron has a super awesome repair service so it would be in good hands. But yeah I’d test it and see if it’s livable. Or even do a factory reset

1 Like

I’ll try that now : )

The problem doesn’t seem to really go away, but I’ll watch for if it does. And no I haven’t had anything hooked up to the CD port in a while. If anything I usually just need the AB ones.

1 Like

Okay this is so weird, the light issue stayed until I plugged something into the C port. It lit up really bright then went back down. It sounded fine, and when I plugged it into A to compare the volume and sound the C light went totally dead and back to normal.

So maybe this is one unofficial fix for it? aha

2 Likes

Which OS are you on?