Octatrack MKII Anniversary Edition

Ive ordered from Elektron. Race Ya!

Try not to reply to off topic posters, you’re just making more work for the moderators. If your reply is also off topic but you want them to hear it - send it to them in a PM instead.

thanks! (thread scrubbed)

5 Likes

Does it have a black screen, with black characters, to make it more enigmatic?

2 Likes

The Octacard for the Anniversary Edition is made of wood for that warm sound ™ that we all love.

20 Likes

3 Likes

I’ve run into this 5 - 10 times in a year with the MKI -> Sequencer won't play. Stuck on step 1

In my experience comes most often from saving parts with the sequencer running, which I try not to do any more. But I’ve had it lock up a couple of other times, too.

Part changes and their effects on track recorders are a huge gripe also -> Resampling thread

2 Likes

If anything comes out of this for OT nerds who are happy with their current OT, would be some mirco documentaries on the making of the OT (like they did with the Analogs). Maybe later today.

1 Like

Just wait for the 10th Anniversary :slight_smile:

3 Likes

When will Elektron update the OT logo emoji on here?

Asking the important questions.

1 Like

Does all this mean we might get an anniversary MD next year??? :crossed_fingers: (In black please!)

And an SFX-6 in 2023??? :crossed_fingers:

Loving the aesthetics of this new OT tho, and it’s strangely making me think of buying a used Mki to go where my Rytm wouldn’t dare :thinking:

8 Likes

I’m about to press the order button for the 20 times lol

2 Likes

They/he spelled pitch wrong :grin:

8 Likes

Luckily I got my MK2 for under 1k a few months back so no GAS for a black OT. Still think it looks amazing though.

1 Like

Yeah looks like the T got misinterpreted as an I :ooh:

4 Likes

Oops. Wonder if they’ll correct it and produce some super rare limited editions for the last batch :open_mouth:

1 Like

Nah that’s the new OT Anniversary Pie Channel.
Pi Ch

You use it to order Pies. It’s on the MIDI pages. Wish I could have tested it out over thanksgiving.

I’m interested to hear the special artist content on that anniversary CF card.

4 Likes

I’m holding out for the Bagel Channel on the MKIII

I think you have Souncloud examples on the OT anniversary page.

2 Likes

But this one is ‘custom-designed’! All of that R&D was surely worth it.

What if I want a Silver or White edition. Should I blame them for not releasing a Silver or White edition in the first place?

From now on, every manufacturers will have to release their gear in every colors to satisfy all the customers.

Sorry, I couldn’t resist.

6 Likes