Octatrack MKI - a good decision for a hardware beginner?

it’s no longer available :frowning: I want to import one in but I think the cost would be too high, gotta wait till I fly out somewhere that sells it or find a work around the exorbitant import charges

Sorry you’re having trouble finding them in Egypt. Is this just an Elektron problem, or do other hardware manufacturers not ship much to Egypt either?

Feels like someone else from Egypt was reading the thread…

Best OT review ever.

I’m one of those people that couldn’t get their head around the OT, having used many other different samplers beforehand I found it confusing and unintuitive (after reading the manual twice)… but even now I wonder if I just needed more time with it.

If Pioneer products are available where you are you might want to check out the SP-16… the polar opposite of the OT in many ways and the one sampler I’ve kept in the last five years.

garageband does the job. gonna get an audio interface instead to hook up to my guitar. might pave the way for the future

1 Like

Nah, take the Synthtakt. Its the most complete all in one box. You have drums and synth parts and you have a great and much simpler interface. So you can dive deep into the machine and have complete results fast. And if the Elektron way suits you than the Octatrack would be the perfect addition later on. Octratrack shines when you really know what you want to do with it and with addtional machines into the Octa-inputs.

Protip: don’t ever rely on bluetooth devices for jamming or creating music. They all add >100ms of latency to the audio signal which means your music is noticeably lagging behind. For the price of that transmitter gizmo you can easily buy a small powered speaker with wired input or a good enough headphone.

1 Like